Ellenaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Is it possible to see a sample of the unit 5 assignment pls. I am really struggling on how to structure my assignment. It requires us to write case note and I have no idea what it is like. If I see a sample from a previous student, it will give me heads up
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellenaaa)
Is it possible to see a sample of the unit 5 assignment pls. I am really struggling on how to structure my assignment. It requires us to write case note and I have no idea what it is like. If I see a sample from a previous student, it will give me heads up
tinygirl96 can help you
Ellenaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Starlight15)
tinygirl96 can help you
I have sent you a pm
gin_n_tonic
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hiiii so i was just wondering how if anyone has any examples of distinction level work for the first component? I'm struggling a bit
nazy a
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
is anyone unit 17 course work I'm struggling with how the mental health and physical is effected of who someone suffers from dementia
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Suggested structure

Part one should cover P1, P2 and M1 assessment criteria.
P1/P2: Explain the causes and symptoms of three types of dementia. This part of your report may contain diagrams/images (to show causes). This part of your report should refer to the dementia types case study examples (to illustrate symptoms). You should refer to the content for A1 and A2 and ensure you have covered all bullet points for your three chosen types of dementia.
M1: Then analyse how these different types of dementia might be identified by their symptoms. What symptoms do they share? What symptoms are unique? Draw conclusions about how you might identify what type an individual has based on symptoms. Is this easy to do?

Part two should cover P3, P4, M2 and D1 assessment criteria.
P3: Explain the effects of your three chosen dementia types on mental and physical health. Ensure you cover all bullet points in the content for B1. Use the dementia types case studies to illustrate your work.
P4: Discuss the effects of your three chosen dementia types on quality of life and wellbeing. Ensure you cover all bullet points in the content for B2. Use the dementia types case studies to illustrate/provide examples.
M2: Assess how your three chosen types of dementia have progressive effects. How does it get worse over time? Are there distinct stages? What is happening in terms of symptoms and effects on mental/physical health and quality of life? Use examples from the case studies.
D1: Evaluate how important it is for carers to understand that dementia is progressive. What can be done if we understand that symptoms and effects will get worse? E.g. early conversations about preferences and wishes, making memories, life stories, formal approaches such as Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) and Advanced Care Decisions. What is considered 'best practice' (the best care that can be given?) How can we help to improve quality of life and wellbeing when we know the dementia will get worse over time? E.g. How to overcome communication problems, challenging behaviours, understanding it is the dementia that causes the symptoms not the person being awkward or due (so need to have compassion and empathy) etc.

(Original post by nazy a)
is anyone unit 17 course work I'm struggling with how the mental health and physical is effected of who someone suffers from dementia
This is what my teacher gave us to do for our assignment - i hope this works - my teacher has put a pause on the assignment so we can focus on unit 3 and unit 4.
gin_n_tonic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
evaluation of how genetics are important across the lifestages?
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone do Unit 3: Anatomy and Physiology know how to revise this unit? I am kinda struggling and want at least a M if I start now... (roughly 40 marks to get M)
The exam is on January 14th 2021 - I did my mock today and it happened to be the paper I found online and went through and I know I will get a D since I counted the marks and got roughly over 50.

Thank you
imaanrashid1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Can anyone help me with unit 3
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by imaanrashid1234)
Can anyone help me with unit 3
Of course, whats up?
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
Does anyone do Unit 3: Anatomy and Physiology know how to revise this unit? I am kinda struggling and want at least a M if I start now... (roughly 40 marks to get M)
The exam is on January 14th 2021 - I did my mock today and it happened to be the paper I found online and went through and I know I will get a D since I counted the marks and got roughly over 50.

Thank you
I'm struggling with unit 3 too!! It's hard How are you revising currently? Why not push yourself to get a D?
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
I'm struggling with unit 3 too!! It's hard How are you revising currently? Why not push yourself to get a D?
For the mock, i knew the paper and i know what to do to answer and plus my teacher gave us the topics - so i know what to revise unlike the real thing - they won't give you the topics to revise since it's the whole thing....

I don't to disappoint myself so I am aiming for a low M which is roughly around 40 (to be safe)
I find revising hard since what i revise i mostly end up forgetting....
I find unit 4 much easier since i don't have things to revise as much as unit 3

I haven't started yet since I have to do unit 14 which is due on in December which isn't far....

I was wondering possibly if we could revise together with others that might find this unit hard - I want to start so I don't regret the grade i get later since i have a high predicted grade

I found the spec - do we have to revise what they have asked us to do which shows
Also does anyone know any papers i can do while revising for this unit and how do i start

i also know some revsision since i did revised the topics that came for the mock exam
Wagwhat
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
For the mock, i knew the paper and i know what to do to answer and plus my teacher gave us the topics - so i know what to revise unlike the real thing - they won't give you the topics to revise since it's the whole thing....

I don't to disappoint myself so I am aiming for a low M which is roughly around 40 (to be safe)
I find revising hard since what i revise i mostly end up forgetting....
I find unit 4 much easier since i don't have things to revise as much as unit 3

I haven't started yet since I have to do unit 14 which is due on in December which isn't far....

I was wondering possibly if we could revise together with others that might find this unit hard - I want to start so I don't regret the grade i get later since i have a high predicted grade

I found the spec - do we have to revise what they have asked us to do which shows
Also does anyone know any papers i can do while revising for this unit and how do i start

i also know some revsision since i did revised the topics that came for the mock exam
I recommend that you purchase this book, it’s worked wonders for me. It has practice questions for both unit 3 and unit 4 with answers at the back!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/National-He...c=1&th=1&psc=1
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wagwhat)
I recommend that you purchase this book, it’s worked wonders for me. It has practice questions for both unit 3 and unit 4 with answers at the back!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/National-He...c=1&th=1&psc=1
have this
Pokewars01
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
How is everyone doing with their coursework and exams coming?
I hate this subject more than anything
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pokewars01)
I hate this subject more than anything
oh why?
aleenaraja
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
same. i wish i could change it but there’s no chance to anymore :/
aleenaraja
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
can someone help with unit 5 assignment 2 roles of professionals i think it is
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by aleenaraja)
can someone help with unit 5 assignment 2 roles of professionals i think it is
Which one? Is it P4 M3?
aleenaraja
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
it’s learning aim D, P6, P7, M5, D4, P8, M6 & D3
(Original post by Starlight15)
Which one? Is it P4 M3?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.16%
Okay (73)
29.08%
A bit lacking (93)
37.05%
Not good at all (62)
24.7%

Watched Threads