English literature coursework help

Watch
Laurenmittonx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am currently doing A level English literature, I have to choose a pre 1900s book and a post 1900s to do my coursework on. Does anyone have any tips on what texts or poems to pick( preferably short ones ) as I don’t have much time.

I am on spec A.

Thank you

Xxxeden
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Laurenmittonx)
I am currently doing A level English literature, I have to choose a pre 1900s book and a post 1900s to do my coursework on. Does anyone have any tips on what texts or poems to pick( preferably short ones ) as I don’t have much time.

I am on spec A.

Thank you
I did a collection of poems by Wilfred Owen. A lot of his poems are short. I also did The Go-Between by L.P Hartley which has a storyline that’s easy to understand. Hopefully that helps 😂
Laurenmittonx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Xxxeden)
I did a collection of poems by Wilfred Owen. A lot of his poems are short. I also did The Go-Between by L.P Hartley which has a storyline that’s easy to understand. Hopefully that helps 😂
You’re a lifesaver thank you so much xx
Xxxeden
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Laurenmittonx)
You’re a lifesaver thank you so much xx
No worries x
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
AQA have a handy poem anthology resource book. This was very helpful when I was revising for my exam in English. What I really found particularly useful was to highlight key words and create practice questions that are based on the themes of the poems on flashcards etc.
Again read beyond the lines of the poem to detect any hidden meanings and as for themes of the poem in question. Go back over the poem and list them one by one. Poetry analysis is easy once you know how and what to expect. Discuss the set poems as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.39%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.76%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.04%
I need help with my personal statement (56)
40.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.18%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.16%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.19%

Watched Threads