Watch
telepoes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by taylor9888)
What time in February? Late, I assume?

Also, I didn't think this course interviewed? Do they?
I remember reading somewhere that someone called the department to ask about this and they said they only interview part-time applicants. But the official page says otherwise, so not sure.
Noel_L
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by telepoes)
I remember reading somewhere that someone called the department to ask about this and they said they only interview part-time applicants. But the official page says otherwise, so not sure.
And some said only those with unclear research interest. But we never know.
Last edited by Noel_L; 2 weeks ago
levistrauss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck, guys. I’m waiting for an answer as well. However, I think that they’ll only reply at late March.
telepoes
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Out of curiosity, has anyone spoken with past students about the quality of the course?
alexturners
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by telepoes)
Out of curiosity, has anyone spoken with past students about the quality of the course?
Yep! I've spoken to two girls currently taking it, both enjoying it despite the ways it has had to be changed due to the pandemic (i.e limited number of people taking it in person etc).
levistrauss
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Those who applied by January’s deadline: Has anyone received an invitation for an interview?
Noel_L
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by levistrauss)
Those who applied by January’s deadline: Has anyone received an invitation for an interview?
Nothing but silence. You?
levistrauss
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Same here. Guess we’ll have to wait til late March 😥
maritimer97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, I've applied and heard nothing back yet! Have you?
liyosko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Same here, no contact yet
Noel_L
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same here. Guess we’ll have to wait til late March 😥
Yeah, according to the the “8-10 weeks” stated in the official site. But just really wanna know why so many other departments give out the decision faster than the said period lol 😂
Last edited by Noel_L; 1 week ago
liyosko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But I believe that they will get back to the ones who are invited to the interview as late as early march. Otherwise, they won't be able to have the enough time to hold interviews
eleectrica
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is the guidance regarding interviews according to the course’s website. From what i’ve read from previous years, they tend to make decisions on admission without interviews, which honestly sucks a bit.

“Interviews may be held as part of the admissions process. If a student clearly exceeds all the admission criteria and their proposed research is innovative and can be supervised at the Oxford Internet Institute then they may be made an offer without an interview.

If an interview is required, it is normally held three to six weeks after the application deadline. There is usually only one interview held, which lasts up to 30 minutes and can be held via video conferencing software. You will be asked questions about research interests, interest in and qualification for the course, and why you think the Oxford Internet Institute would be the best place to conduct your studies.”
alexturners
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ya but according to gradcafe over the past couple of years there’s been people who’ve received results by the end of Feb... curious to see whether the presumed increase of applicants this year changes that or not. Guess we’ll know soon 🤷🏻*♀️
levistrauss
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A friend of mine received an invitation for an interview today. Things are rolling...
alexturners
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A friend of mine received an invitation for an interview today. Things are rolling...
Thank you for the update! I take it your friend applied by the Jan deadline? Did they apply for full- or part-time?
kshdydjbdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for sharing! From what I read for the Nov deadline, they were only interviewing students who had applied part-time. Did your friend also apply part time?
levistrauss
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kshdydjbdb)
Thanks for sharing! From what I read for the Nov deadline, they were only interviewing students who had applied part-time. Did your friend also apply part time?
Yes! He applied for the part-time programme. I didn't know that information about the November interviews, thanks for sharing. Did you apply for the full-time program?
maple23
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone else applying to the part-time program? I did and I haven't received an invitation to interview yet, so I'm curious if I still have a chance.
taylor9888
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So, from what I gather, only part-time applicants have been interviewed so far? Any interviews for full time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.39%
Virtual campus tours/open days (99)
22.86%
Live streaming events (39)
9.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (99)
22.86%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.4%