The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Management Science and IMB. 2020/21 Unofficial applicants thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by penelopebianchi
I remember doing a lot of research on IMB and eventually decided against it not only because I'm not particularly into tech but mostly because of all the poor reviews I'd heard - I saw and read many accounts of students disliking the course so I think it can't be that unpopular of an opinion. I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds though, many of the bad reviews I saw were from a few years ago now so perhaps the course has evolved and changed?

Yeah hopefully they've made some improvements by now :/ hearing how nobody speaks English kinda threw me off a bit.. like how did they get into UCL in the first place haha but now i'm wondering if i'm better off doing Management at Warwick instead of IMB in UCL :s-smilie:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah hopefully they've made some improvements by now :/ hearing how nobody speaks English kinda threw me off a bit.. like how did they get into UCL in the first place haha but now i'm wondering if i'm better off doing Management at Warwick instead of IMB in UCL :s-smilie:

Yeah it's weird haha surely they had to write a personal statement so if they can't speak english very well that would show in the writing skills (unless they got someone else to write it for them that is...). I've heard very good things about Warwick, it all depends on you personally - UCL has a very good reputation and location but if the course isn't the one for you then maybe Warwick would be a better choice. Still, don't discard it completely as I'm sure the course isn't as bad as some make it sound :smile:
Great. Is this for IMB? What other courses have you applied for?

ITMB and Comp Sci at non-Russel groups because I did not do A Level Maths
Hi..How is business analytics program at UCL School of Management? I cant see UCL in the university ranking for BA, so I am confused whether to apply or not.
Original post by Swati_Verma
Hi..How is business analytics program at UCL School of Management? I cant see UCL in the university ranking for BA, so I am confused whether to apply or not.

It is in the school of management. However, this is an undergraduate thread not a postgraduate thread sorry.
Hello my friends! I applied last week on Monday and haven't received an acknowledgement email. Should I be worried?
Hello my friends! I applied last week on Monday and haven't received an acknowledgement email. Should I be worried?

same here
Original post by Ausickz
same here

You should both wait until the end of this week first. Please check your junk mail, that’s where mine was. Also, if it’s not there after a week then you should call them up, maybe on Friday.
UCL are now changing the status of some applications from “Application received” to “Application now being considered”. This means that UCL will process your application and send a decision (offer/rejection) in the next few days. Your application status can be seen on the home page of portico, the UCL portal.

If you’re status isn’t “Application received” please reply here and let us know what date you applied and also what course you’re applying for. Thanks.

Let us know of any status changes on your application. That means we’ll get decisions soon.
You should both wait until the end of this week first. Please check your junk mail, that’s where mine was. Also, if it’s not there after a week then you should call them up, maybe on Friday.

is not there
UCL are now changing the status of some applications from “Application received” to “Application now being considered”. This means that UCL will process your application and send a decision (offer/rejection) in the next few days. Your application status can be seen on the home page of portico, the UCL portal.

If you’re status isn’t “Application received” please reply here and let us know what date you applied and also what course you’re applying for. Thanks.

Let us know of any status changes on your application. That means we’ll get decisions soon.

Did anyone’s status change for management science?

No acknowledgement email yet sent my application for over a week now.
Reply 52
Hey guys!
I applied for UCL Management Science BSc and I had a few questions regarding the additional personal statement... Though in UCL's page for Management Science states that if you "meet the minimum requirements" you will be sent the questionnaire/Add. PS., but while I was looking through a few online UCL forums it says that only a few/selected people receive it.
So would everyone who applied receive the questionnaire/additional personal statement or only a few people that UCL deems need more information about because idk their Personal Statement wasn't good enough?
Original post by choday
Hey guys!
I applied for UCL Management Science BSc and I had a few questions regarding the additional personal statement... Though in UCL's page for Management Science states that if you "meet the minimum requirements" you will be sent the questionnaire/Add. PS., but while I was looking through a few online UCL forums it says that only a few/selected people receive it.
So would everyone who applied receive the questionnaire/additional personal statement or only a few people that UCL deems need more information about because idk their Personal Statement wasn't good enough?

It signals the next stage. That’s a good thing, not if you’re a weak candidate, it’s the opposite.
Anyone have a change to their application status on portico?
I applied over two weeks ago now and am yet to receive the additional personal statement... when did people receive theirs?
Original post by penelopebianchi
I applied over two weeks ago now and am yet to receive the additional personal statement... when did people receive theirs?

One months wait for most
I've applied for Management Science at UCL and also applied at LSE, KCL and City.

KCL sent me an email confirmation saying they received my application 3/11/2020, a day after I sent off my UCAS.
Like most, I still haven't heard from LSE, which is normal, and I received a low offer a few days ago from City.

UCL hasn't made any contact with me yet, not even an email confirmation, is this normal too?

edit: do I have to register myself in the application portal?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pietroE
I've applied for Management Science at UCL and also applied at LSE, KCL and City.

KCL sent me an email confirmation saying they received my application 3/11/2020, a day after I sent off my UCAS.
Like most, I still haven't heard from LSE, which is normal, and I received a low offer a few days ago from City.

UCL hasn't made any contact with me yet, not even an email confirmation, is this normal too?

edit: do I have to register myself in the application portal?

No you’ll get login instructions on email. Maybe check your junk mail?
No you’ll get login instructions on email. Maybe check your junk mail?

not there, I'll just wait until the end of the week, cheers though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending