The Student Room Group

Exodus-Right/wrong?

So I'm watching good ol' Sally Jesse, and they are talking about this company-

http://www.exodus.to/stories

Who claims to 'heal' homosexuality.

Can it be done, is homosexuality something that can be healed? Are these people for real? Surely it is only encouraging Homosexuals to be in denail for the rest of their life?

Watch the repeat of the sally jesse on ITV2 in 5 minutes, its a cracker!
Reply 1
JointVenture

Can it be done, is homosexuality something that can be healed? Are these people for real? Surely it is only encouraging Homosexuals to be in denail for the rest of their life?

No, no, yes.

It's psychologically damaging nonsense.
JointVenture
So I'm watching good ol' Sally Jesse, and they are talking about this company-

http://www.exodus.to/stories

Who claims to 'heal' homosexuality.

Watch the repeat of the sally jesse on ITV2 in 5 minutes, its a cracker!

I hope you're joking? Homosexuality cannot and should not be something that can be "healed" any more than heterosexuality can.
Reply 3
Of course homosexuality can't be cured (not least because it isn't an illness)
Reply 4
yinoftheyang
I hope you're joking? Homosexuality cannot and should not be something that can be "healed" any more than heterosexuality can.

i'm not agreeing with it, i just never knew it existed....and was quite shocked!
Reply 5
I guess you could get a chemical castration, though that strikes me as a slightly extreme course of action to take.
Reply 6
BJack
I guess you could get a chemical castration, though that strikes me as a slightly extreme course of action to take.

Surely that'd just leave you with a very bored gay?
Reply 7
-Em-
Surely that'd just leave you with a very bored gay?

If you had no sexual attraction to anybody, I'd consider you to be asexual regardless of your past.
Reply 8
To consider homosexuality a disease. As if it is something to be cured. Sigh these kinds of views will be out grown in time.
Reply 9
BJack
If you had no sexual attraction to anybody, I'd consider you to be asexual regardless of your past.

Sexual and romantic attraction are different things. Asexual people can still experience romantic attraction, so asexual and gay aren't mutually exclusive.
Reply 10
-Em-
Sexual and romantic attraction are different things. Asexual people can still experience romantic attraction, so asexual and gay aren't mutually exclusive.

Well I never... :s-smilie:

Still, the suggestion of "curing" homosexuality is absurd.

Latest

Trending

Trending