asmaa.rmy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
does any one know the questions that are in the 2019 history exam paper because that's what i think they'll give us
i do:
crime and punishment (paper 1)
anglo saxon and norman england (paper2) (british america was dropped due to corona)
weimar and nazi germany (paper 3)
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What's the point of cheating on mock exams?
asmaa.rmy
Rep:
?
i think theyre gonna cancel our gcses soooo might as well get good grades because thers not enough time to revise evrthing

(Original post by Sinnoh)
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by asmaa.rmy)
i think theyre gonna cancel our gcses soooo might as well get good grades because thers not enough time to revise evrthing
Students in Wales will still be taking exams under exam conditions, so in the event that GCSEs get cancelled, students in England will probably do something very similar - they're not repeating the fiasco of centre-assessed grades. Really you'll just be doing this to give yourself false confidence and an undeserved boost of self-esteem. May as well be honest with yourself and maybe get some use out of this exam by not trying to cheat on it.
asmaa.rmy
Rep:
?
Students in Wales will still be taking exams under exam conditions, so in the event that GCSEs get cancelled, students in England will probably do something very similar - they're not repeating the fiasco of centre-assessed grades. Really you'll just be doing this to give yourself false confidence and an undeserved boost of self-esteem. May as well be honest with yourself and maybe get some use out of this exam by not trying to cheat on it.
im not stupid of course im revising but history is content heavy and time isnt a luxury atm but i get where you are coming from
Oswald_Mosley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we were explicitly told (in our school at least) that the school had been told that the only actual GCSE exams (not mocks) that were taking place no matter what were english and maths, so these could potentially be our results
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oswald_Mosley)
we were explicitly told (in our school at least) that the school had been told that the only actual GCSE exams (not mocks) that were taking place no matter what were english and maths, so these could potentially be our results
So far they're only cancelled in Wales, and they're not using CAGs there, they're using in-classroom tests under exam conditions so they're still in practice taking exams that they have to revise for.

Hypothetically, if these mock exams had the chance of being your actual grade, isn't that more reason not to cheat? a disqualification for cheating in your mocks would then mean you fail the subject.
Oswald_Mosley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how would it be cheating if you just learn a past paper and you guessed correctly that they used that paper specifically. maybe the exam board or whatever should just be better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads