izzxm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Could anyone explain what the last sentence of the item actually means? I'm planning on writing one paragraph about the feminist movement and another one that links to that last sentence but have no idea what to do. Any help is appreciated x

Applying material from Item A, analyse two factors outside the education system that have affected gender differences in school (10 marks)

Females have markedly improved their educational performance since the 1980s. Wilkinson (1994) argues that this is part of the Genderquake in which fundamental changes in attitudes towards female role in society has been achieved. Mac and Ghaill (1994) argued that there has been a crisis of masculinity and that this has impacted upon male identity and is a result of changing job markets.
cherryxberry
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not sure what ur specification or exam board is but from what I understand it’s referring to the decline of traditional male jobs such as mining, shipbuilding etc due to globalisation of the economy, manufacturing jobs are relocating so boys who naturally would “drift” into these jobs can’t as they no longer exist leading to the “crisis of masculinity”

instead these jobs have been replaced by the service industry and more “feminine” work so to speak so boys/males job prospects are undermined and they feel a loss of identity and motivation as a result, If that makes sense
izzxm
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by cherryxberry)
Not sure what ur specification or exam board is but from what I understand it’s referring to the decline of traditional male jobs such as mining, shipbuilding etc due to globalisation of the economy, manufacturing jobs are relocating so boys who naturally would “drift” into these jobs can’t as they no longer exist leading to the “crisis of masculinity”

instead these jobs have been replaced by the service industry and more “feminine” work so to speak so boys/males job prospects are undermined and they feel a loss of identity and motivation as a result, If that makes sense
Yes thank you! that makes a lot of sense and you’ve just saved me from completely messing us my essay aha
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
This is a plan to follow

You could describe how the education system changed lives forever for starters. Many males could now attend school and gain a education as well. Also you could aim to explain how the new industries sprang up and why more women went off to work compared to before too. The fact that children were now protected by all sorts of laws and rules could also be added to your response. You could even describe why many females have better grades and qualifications at university thanks to the new education system over here. Also remember to list good reasons to back up any given examples and also make use of external sources in addition. All reference sources have to be referenced correctly at the bottom of your answer.
Best wishes to you. Put whatever information you can find online into your own words here as far as possible. Identify some obvious improvements in our education system and also cover a few different drawbacks of formal education.
Focus on the last century. Definitely also write a paragraph or two on statistics and other public data which was released to the education industry. You could even title your response changes in our formal education system over the last hundred years. Research and read several published articles. You may also wish to use the results from parent surveys as a form of evidence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
24.22%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (56)
43.75%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.63%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.13%

Watched Threads