The Student Room Group

Covid

my mom got in contact with a covid patient. They work together andeet on a daily basics. Despite that, my dad told me that it's ok to go to school and that he can take me to school. But we live together and if she has it, 100% i also have it. What should i do?? I dont wanna be blamed and stigmatized from the school as an ignorant idiot
please help
Has she taken a test? and was it positive? She should get one done.
didnt take the test yet. It s midnight here. I just learned the news. Tomorrow she ll do it
Original post by Anonymous
my mom got in contact with a covid patient. They work together andeet on a daily basics. Despite that, my dad told me that it's ok to go to school and that he can take me to school. But we live together and if she has it, 100% i also have it. What should i do?? I dont wanna be blamed and stigmatized from the school as an ignorant idiot
please help

My mum is a nurse and has had Covid-19 twice since March. Nobody else in our household has contracted it until this week when my dad got it from someone at work. Myself and my sister have both tested negative many times (we take part in a study whereby we are tested once a week) and have also received negative antibody tests, indicating that we have not previously had it. Not sure if this helps but just because your mum has it will not necessarily mean that you will get it. None of us seem to have had it and she still cooked our meals for us and moved around the house as normal. If your mum has not tested positive, or you have not been in contact with anybody else who has tested positive, you can still go to school. If you or anybody in your house develops symptoms you are required to book a test and isolate with your household until you receive the result. If this is negative you may all return to work/school, but if it is positive you must all isolate.
Original post by Anonymous
My mum is a nurse and has had Covid-19 twice since March. Nobody else in our household has contracted it until this week when my dad got it from someone at work. Myself and my sister have both tested negative many times (we take part in a study whereby we are tested once a week) and have also received negative antibody tests, indicating that we have not previously had it. Not sure if this helps but just because your mum has it will not necessarily mean that you will get it. None of us seem to have had it and she still cooked our meals for us and moved around the house as normal. If your mum has not tested positive, or you have not been in contact with anybody else who has tested positive, you can still go to school. If you or anybody in your house develops symptoms you are required to book a test and isolate with your household until you receive the result. If this is negative you may all return to work/school, but if it is positive you must all isolate.

I should note that this is the current guidance for those living in the UK, I'm not sure what the rules are if you live elsewhere.
Please stay at home and don’t spread it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending