annmax
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya all! In June I will graduate MSc Psychology (conversion) accreditated by BPS and I have experience as an HCA. And I was wondering if is it possible to have the opportunity to get a job as a health care nurse with my qualifications and work experience and to do some training in nursing while I'm working as MHN. Please let me know your opinion. Thank you
Wotda****
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Your not a registered mental nurse, so therefore you can't work as a registered mental health nurse.

If you have worked a sufficient number of hours as a HCA you can complete a 2 year mental health nursing masters.
If you haven't, you would have to do a 3 year undergraduate mental health nursing degree.
Last edited by Wotda****; 1 year ago
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As mentioned above, you need to complete a degree in Mental Health Nursing to become a Registered Mental Health Nurse. This is because all nurses in the UK must be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC). A MH Nursing degree is an NMC-accredited course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (9)
23.08%
The paper was reasonable (18)
46.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (7)
17.95%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
12.82%

Watched Threads