ANO-NI-MUS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm applying for Economics and Politics at LSE, Durham, Warwick, Leeds and Manchester. My PS is written focusing on economics and politics. But in Warwick, the course is slightly different and is called Economics, Political Science and International Studies. Since Warwick is a uni I'm really hoping for an offer from, will this negatively affect my chances. I never actually explicitly mention "International Studies" in my PS and focus on economics and politics.
ndksta
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I wouldn't say so, focus on economics and politics. Some schools, like LSE, are strict about you appealing specifically to their subject in your PS, and I can't say how much Warwick cares about this, but politics and international studies are probably close enough nevertheless. I was in a similar dilemma and wrote about politics and economics, but I still got an Economics and International Relations offer from St. Andrews. Best of luck!
*****deadness
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah, just leave it with economics and politics. The word limit doesn't really allow you to talk enough about 3 different areas anyway, and I don't think they'll fuss over it. Add a line like 'am interested in the intricate relationships between the political and economical developments of countries internationally' if you want. Briefly covers the international aspect while leaving enough words for other topics and not too blatant for LSE if they're strict about 1 subject
siumi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANO-NI-MUS)
I'm applying for Economics and Politics at LSE, Durham, Warwick, Leeds and Manchester. My PS is written focusing on economics and politics. But in Warwick, the course is slightly different and is called Economics, Political Science and International Studies. Since Warwick is a uni I'm really hoping for an offer from, will this negatively affect my chances. I never actually explicitly mention "International Studies" in my PS and focus on economics and politics.
Hey, I applied for those same courses at LSE and Warwick! My personal statement is very much focused on politics and Econ, and a bit of history since my UCL course has that too. But didn’t rlly elaborate on Int Studies bc my Extra curriculars were somehow relevant haha. Good luck!!
NM232323
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what are your predicted and gcse grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise