The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

No acknowledgement letter yet

It's almost been a month since I submitted my application and I haven't received an acknowledgement from the University of Manchester. Is that normal?
I’m not sure if it’s normal but if you give them a call asking if they’ve received your application I’m sure they’ll be able to tell you
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Aahana
It's almost been a month since I submitted my application and I haven't received an acknowledgement from the University of Manchester. Is that normal?

I applied to University of Manchester on 1s Oct to study MEng Computer Science. I received acknowledgement from them on 22nd Oct (They were the last to send an acknowledgement). I received a conditional offer from them on 13th Nov, after providing further documents they asked. I would recommend you to contact your respective department asking for an acknowledgement. You will find the department email on their website.
Reply 3
Original post by potatoboii
I applied to University of Manchester on 1s Oct to study MEng Computer Science. I received acknowledgement from them on 22nd Oct (They were the last to send an acknowledgement). I received a conditional offer from them on 13th Nov, after providing further documents they asked. I would recommend you to contact your respective department asking for an acknowledgement. You will find the department email on their website.

Thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Aahana

I don’t know if this would help but I applied on the 14th of October and didn’t receive an acknowledgment email or anything from Manchester. I received an offer from them yesterday.
Reply 5
Original post by Alisahogg
I don’t know if this would help but I applied on the 14th of October and didn’t receive an acknowledgment email or anything from Manchester. I received an offer from them yesterday.

Oh, I see. Which course did you apply to?
Original post by Aahana
Oh, I see. Which course did you apply to?

I applied for social anthropology.
Original post by Aahana

Mine took over a month for Sussex so yes! However, I did apply very early so they weren't processing applications at the time. My friend applied on Thursday and got an acknowledgement letter yesterday so maybe email to confirm they have received it? x
Reply 8
Original post by maisiex10x
Mine took over a month for Sussex so yes! However, I did apply very early so they weren't processing applications at the time. My friend applied on Thursday and got an acknowledgement letter yesterday so maybe email to confirm they have received it? x

I applied on 13th October which isn't that early, but since many have recommended the same I think I will send an email. Thank you!
Reply 9
Original post by Alisahogg
I applied for social anthropology.

Thank you! I was wondering if it had something to do with the departments.
Original post by Aahana
I applied on 13th October which isn't that early, but since many have recommended the same I think I will send an email. Thank you!

Ah okay, yeh I applied on 11th September, probably why it took so long!! x
Original post by Aahana
Thank you! I was wondering if it had something to do with the departments.

You receive reply fast if you email your department directly. Comp Sci department reply my email within one working day.
Check your junk?
Reply 13
Original post by potatoboii
You receive reply fast if you email your department directly. Comp Sci department reply my email within one working day.

Thank you for informing me! I will do that then.

Quick Reply

Latest