Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
We were talking about vehicles, this girl said shes never going to do it and everything. She came up to us saying"driving is sad" which kind of offended me, it hurt my feelings. The girl was making for of driving saying 'why would you actually spend loads of money on a car when theres transport everywhere and you **** up the planet'. She kept going on about it saying its just another way of getting around and you can easily do it on the bus.

She said Im a saddo to me and said have I not got anything better to do. It all started with me saying the bus is **** then she says all that. I just feel offended by it all, it demotivated me, it made me think why am I doing it. I didnt cry but hurt my feelings because I put in so much time into cars for a long time. Im still upset about it, she also had her mates sticking up for her. It wasnt just her it was quite a few people in the room just agreeing and laughing with her at me.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
you need to be less sensitive about what stupid people say about you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by the bear)
you need to be less sensitive about what stupid people say about you.
Its just how I am
dardasiya
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Let's clear something up: You're not a saddo for liking cars. You're allowed to like what you like! And she's allowed to like the bus and public transport - it's all ok!

It sounds like when you insulted the bus, it made HER feel insulted. We don't know what her story is: maybe all she can afford is the bus and she can't afford a car? Maybe she really cares about the planet? I don't know. But it's clear she felt like saying the bus is **** is insulting to her in some way and in defence she angrily started insulting the things you liked. She's not wrong that some cars are polluting etc - but not ALL cars will mess up the planet. Hybrids and new technologies are making newer cars more eco-friendly.

Don't let a few people's opinions knock your passions & interests. It's never a waste of time to put your time into something you love, are interested in and enjoy. If the planet's state is important to you too, look into learning more about eco-friendly options for vehicles
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Remember it's just her opinion. She's entitled to it and there's no point letting her upset you - although that's easier said than done.

That said, being so vehemently against people liking cars is a weird take. Maybe she's insecure because she can't drive herself or even afford lessons? She sounds quite naive tbh and will no doubt change her mind when she realises that driving is generally a lot less hassle and gives you much more freedom than the bus. Public transport is a lifesaver for some but you're limited with both the times and routes that they run.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (36)
17.06%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.32%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed