The Student Room Group

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faizahoss
Hi guys,
I've been asked to do an entrance exam for UCLan, and any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a biochemistry student, so I'm scared that I may be lacking in the physiology and anatomy sides of things.

Hi! I got the invite too. I am a biomed graduate and I haven't covered anatomy at all.
I bought the martini anatomy and physiology book and helped a lot. Also, youtube videos helped a lot in explaining some complicated anatomy topics.
Original post by mariyasana
That’s great! I hope it goes well 😁

I’m worried about it as I have two assignments to hand in on the same day.

No worries. Thank you very much! Wishing you all the best too.:smile:
Hopefully the exam will not be as tough. Where else did you apply?
Reply 3
What textbooks are you guys planning on using? I am freaking out
omg, that would be amazing! I'll private message you my email. Also another question, one of the criteria is "describe the control of systems of body", do you know what this is referring to? is it the nervous and endocrine system?

That’s fine 😁 and I’m assuming it’s referring to the nervous n endocrine systems
omg, that would be amazing! I'll private message you my email. Also another question, one of the criteria is "describe the control of systems of body", do you know what this is referring to? is it the nervous and endocrine system?

Hi! I think it refers to the endocrine one and the hormonal response. :smile:
Hey guys. I was in your position last year. You’ll be fine - just learn your verification of prior learning topics as they tell you to :smile:
I find the prioer learning topics are a bit vague, so is there any way you came about this? Also do you currently study at UCLan? Thank you for reply :smile:

SAME !!!
I also am studying biochem and don't know the level of detail for some of the topics.
Any help is much appreciated.
Hi guys,
I've been asked to do an entrance exam for UCLan, and any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a biochemistry student, so I'm scared that I may be lacking in the physiology and anatomy sides of things.

Hi @faizahoss,
Congratulations on securing an interview at UCLan. Did you know you can jump on a chat with a current UCLan dentistry student here and hopefully they can answer your questions?

Let me know if you try it and find it useful.

Best wishes.
Amarachi
I find the prioer learning topics are a bit vague, so is there any way you came about this? Also do you currently study at UCLan? Thank you for reply :smile:

Yes I remember feeling the same! I got myself a good anatomy and physiology text book and just spent a few weeks going through it and learning the relevant topics covering as much as I could. I remember feeling a bit lost on what to do but just cover as much as you can and you should be fine! I am yes. Good luck!
Hi!
Has anyone heard back from UClan since their yesterday's exam?
Reply 11
Has anyone got an email of UCLan about the interview?
Original post by ks1997
Has anyone got an email of UCLan about the interview?

I haven't got anything yet did you get a reply?:frown:
Reply 13
Not yet, has anyone?
Yeah I haven’t gotten anything back :frown: so stressed

Don't stress up. I think nearly all people in the foroum haven't got a reply either. I hope we will all get a positive reply tomorrow. :smile::wink:
Reply 15
Anyone else starting to panic?😭

Original post by ks1997

Me. Haven't heard from them either and I am starting to feel that they have sent all interview offers cause it would not be fair to start sending since Friday. :frown:
Original post by ks1997

Me. Haven't heard from them either and I am starting to feel that they have sent all interview offers cause it would not be fair to start sending since Friday. :frown:
Just phoned Uclan and the lady told me that they still process our applications and that we will all hear by 5 p.m. today if we were offered an interview. If we will not hear by then it will be a rejection. Fingers crossed we will get an invite soon.
Original post by aspireddentist
Just phoned Uclan and the lady told me that they still process our applications and that we will all hear by 5 p.m. today if we were offered an interview. If we will not hear by then it will be a rejection. Fingers crossed we will get an invite soon.

Did they confirm they have already started giving out interviews? Are they just giving them to the students who scored highest on the test?

Quick Reply

Latest