Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
leeds university
Manchester met
liverpool john moores
sheffield hallam
Cardiff

help me for my last choice of uni pls
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why do you need a last choice? You already have 5. When you get all your offers you only get to choose two being your firm and insurance choices, the rest you have to decline.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 326888)
Why do you need a last choice? You already have 5. When you get all your offers you only get to choose two being your firm and insurance choices, the rest you have to decline.
nooo i wasn’t sure which out of those 5 to put as my fifth option! sorry for any confusion
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nooo i wasn’t sure which out of those 5 to put as my fifth option! sorry for any confusion
Oh haha! I get you now, what are the other 4 you have chosen then? So that I can give you my opinion on what to put as your 5th!
Anonymous #1
Oh haha! I get you now, what are the other 4 you have chosen then? So that I can give you my opinion on what to put as your 5th!
2 courses at liverpool uni
york
and northumbria!
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
york
and northumbria!
Okay so seeing as you have 4/5 choices I assume you’re pretty much set on the idea where you want to go so technically the 5th choice doesn’t matter too much. I was in the same boat as you last week and literally just chose Liverpool John Moores an hour before sending it off😂. Applying to two courses at the same university can be risky but I assume you’ve weighed the odds & let’s say you got rejected from both you would be happy to go to either York or Northumbria (I highly doubt you will be rejected this is just a perspective). What my tutor said to me that because it’s my 5th choice I should just go for a lower university. Btw I am predicted ABB and Liverpool John Moores wanted 104 UCAS points (BCC). Obviously it would help if I knew how academically good you were to help in the decision making process but personally I would suggest one of the middle options, that aren’t Russell groups. Deciding between the three I would say location plays a large factor, as I assume the grade requirements are pretty much the same across the board for them.

Hope this somewhat helps lol
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
york
and northumbria!
Also can I add if you are quite academic and have a good academic profile, predicted grade, belief in actually achieving like high grades lol etc. Out of all of them I would choose Leeds!!
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Also can I add if you are quite academic and have a good academic profile, predicted grade, belief in actually achieving like high grades lol etc. Out of all of them I would choose Leeds!!
As your 5th choice***
Anonymous #1
Okay so seeing as you have 4/5 choices I assume you’re pretty much set on the idea where you want to go so technically the 5th choice doesn’t matter too much. I was in the same boat as you last week and literally just chose Liverpool John Moores an hour before sending it off😂. Applying to two courses at the same university can be risky but I assume you’ve weighed the odds & let’s say you got rejected from both you would be happy to go to either York or Northumbria (I highly doubt you will be rejected this is just a perspective). What my tutor said to me that because it’s my 5th choice I should just go for a lower university. Btw I am predicted ABB and Liverpool John Moores wanted 104 UCAS points (BCC). Obviously it would help if I knew how academically good you were to help in the decision making process but personally I would suggest one of the middle options, that aren’t Russell groups. Deciding between the three I would say location plays a large factor, as I assume the grade requirements are pretty much the same across the board for them.

Hope this somewhat helps lol
thank you!!

I’m actually reapplying this year and I received my grades last august, I got 2 A’s so hopefully I can get in! Yeah I applied to 2 courses at Liverpool because it’s my first choice and they also offered a wide range of joint honours courses which I really liked compared to other unis which I looked at. I wish you look in your application too, I hope you get your top choice!!
Anonymous #1
thank you!!

I’m actually reapplying this year and I received my grades last august, I got 2 A’s so hopefully I can get in! Yeah I applied to 2 courses at Liverpool because it’s my first choice and they also offered a wide range of joint honours courses which I really liked compared to other unis which I looked at. I wish you look in your application too, I hope you get your top choice!!
2 A’s and a B I forgot to put that on
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
2 A’s and a B I forgot to put that on
Oh wow okay! I’m assuming you already meet the entry requirements for LJMU, Sheff hal, and Man Met? And what potentially even Cardiff and Leeds? ( I haven’t at the entry requirements for politics I am just assuming based off the research I have done for my own course) So anyway you can literally go to any of them, honestly if I was as academic as you I would go for the Russell groups because what the other 3 uni’s you’re literally already in, unconditional offers the lot! Unless you see yourself choosing them compared to the other choices you currently have, why bother? & thank you! I sent my application off last Thursday and I already have 3/5 of my offers back!!
Anonymous #1
Oh wow okay! I’m assuming you already meet the entry requirements for LJMU, Sheff hal, and Man Met? And what potentially even Cardiff and Leeds? ( I haven’t at the entry requirements for politics I am just assuming based off the research I have done for my own course) So anyway you can literally go to any of them, honestly if I was as academic as you I would go for the Russell groups because what the other 3 uni’s you’re literally already in, unconditional offers the lot! Unless you see yourself choosing them compared to the other choices you currently have, why bother? & thank you! I sent my application off last Thursday and I already have 3/5 of my offers back!!
thank you!

I wanted to apply for a few that weren’t Russell group too, not sure why but I liked the look of the unis and sometimes they are as great as Russell group unis in regards to teaching. However, I think I will put Leeds down! What are you applying for at university??
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you!

I wanted to apply for a few that weren’t Russell group too, not sure why but I liked the look of the unis and sometimes they are as great as Russell group unis in regards to teaching. However, I think I will put Leeds down! What are you applying for at university??
Yeah I understand! Leeds does look fab I applied for business management and Human Resources. I really wanted to go to Leeds uni but as for what all Russell groups for my course I needed a 5/6 in maths GCSE but I only have a 4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (370)
56.23%
I don't have everything I need (288)
43.77%

Watched Threads