The Student Room Group

A-level choices (Bio, Chem, Physcology)

Not sure about psychology, I want to go to med school. Is Psychology easy?
Psychology is pretty easy imo but it is very content heavy so if you got a good memory you’ll be fine
Original post by notsurelolhelp

Hey @notsurelolhelp!

I did biology, chemistry and psychology at A-level :smile:

Psychology was really interesting - there are lots of case studies to remember and lots of different topics
I revised using mindmaps and revision cards - as long as you remember the content you'll be fine, the questions for me were some short answer, some long answer and some essay based.
So if you are good at essays you'll find psychology easy

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by notsurelolhelp

I am currently studying these three a-levels and am applying for med this year. I feel like psychology is pretty useful and isn’t hard as it seems to be. Some of the content is interlinked with biology (e.g. biopsychology). It’s actually pretty useful as it builds a foundation of the overlapped content for biology and would be easier to understand and learn. It also looks into mental health and diagnosis for this, which is pretty useful as this is something you can apply to medicine when looking for symptoms. The only downside of psychology is that there are cases studies but it isn’t hard as you only need to know the method and results for that (I would recommend that you make flashcards for this as it makes it easier to remember).
Just to let you know I study AQA psychology.
If you have any queries regarding any of these subjects you can ask me.
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest