The Student Room Group

Are driving tests still happening?

I have a driving test on the 2nd of December so it's a day after the "lockdown". I'm wondering if this is still going ahead, since surely there will be people who have had theirs cancelled and should be a higher priority?
Reply 1
Original post by Marindeon
I have a driving test on the 2nd of December so it's a day after the "lockdown". I'm wondering if this is still going ahead, since surely there will be people who have had theirs cancelled and should be a higher priority?

As per this thread from @TheDE, it should still go ahead given the restrictions aren't extended as they might well be.
Reply 2
I doubt your test would be affected as there are no plans as of yet to change the dates of tests post-lockdown, although this may change sooner to the time. I suspect however that they would prefer to not move any more tests than they have to, mainly as there is no ‘system’ for them to do this, and every test would have to be manually rescheduled.
An update from the DVSA states that 'Driving tests are suspended in England from Thursday 5 November 2020 up to and including Wednesday 2 December 2020' so yours may well be affected

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-driving-tests-and-theory-tests?utm_source=04440885-2069-42f6-aeba-a47fa1554a61&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=daily
Original post by bones-mccoy
An update from the DVSA states that 'Driving tests are suspended in England from Thursday 5 November 2020 up to and including Wednesday 2 December 2020' so yours may well be affected

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-driving-tests-and-theory-tests?utm_source=04440885-2069-42f6-aeba-a47fa1554a61&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=daily

Thanks for letting me know
Reply 5
Yep we heard late yesterday that it will now include December 2nd.
Original post by Marindeon
Thanks for letting me know

No problem, I hope yours is rescheduled as soon as possible!
Original post by TheDE
Yep we heard late yesterday that it will now include December 2nd.

Yeah I thought it included the 2nd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending