Can someone mark my 8 mark geography question

Watch
student325
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
‘Preparation reduces the impact of tectonic hazard.’ Assess this statement using examples of hazards in countries of contrasting levels of development:In some ways, preparation reduces the impact of tectonic hazards like an earthquake. For example, in Sendai, Japan 2011 a tsunami hit but Japan already had many preparations in place to reduce the impacts, like buildings were reinforced with steel frames to prevent collapsing. And, high-rise buildings had deep foundations with shock absorbers to reduce vibration and shaking. This reduced the impact greatly because in Tokyo not a single building collapsed. Whereas, in Haiti all the houses were poorly built and collapsed instantly leading to 1 million people being mad homeless and 300,000 people being injured. Therefore, preparation does reduce impacts in situations like these because Japan’s earthquake measured 9 on the Richter scale and Haiti’s earthquake only measured to 7 on the Richter scale.However, sometimes preparation does not reduce impacts because in preparation from tsunamis, Japan built a 10m tall sea wall to prevent any damage to people, buildings and infrastructure. But, this was ineffective as the tsunami waves reached 39m and travelled inland as far as 10km in Sendai.
helloiambored
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey. i take geography, sorry im not good at it so i wouldn't really be able to tell you if it is good. you should email it to your teacher. Would you be able to give me some tips on how tp revise for geography please i really don't know how to revuse for it .
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello

It has been a little while since I have studied geography. Focus on the ways on which preparation has benefited foreign people. Also highlight some important key facts. Do use the class notes to help you.
What you also have to do is to find a few examples of situations in which major seismic events have greatly impacted on local people living in those areas of the world and state what the consequences were. Discuss all types of impact on foreign local communities abroad. Explain also in depth what was done in order to reduce future likely events and why it will be of some help.
Good luck to you. Look at your textbook and summarise the details. Provide a short definition and put all the information in your own words as far as possible here. Make sure it makes sense however.
student325
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by helloiambored)
Hey. i take geography, sorry im not good at it so i wouldn't really be able to tell you if it is good. you should email it to your teacher. Would you be able to give me some tips on how tp revise for geography please i really don't know how to revuse for it .
sure oh ok that's fine thanks anyways for your time.
Ways that I revise for geography would be, well firstly the cgp revision guides are very useful for me (you can get them for the specific exam board you are doing - mines Edexcel b) also, making good notes has saved me, so if you're lazy making notes or just making it colourful is very useful (ESPECIALLY FOR MY CASE STUDIES)
Also, to be honest, I find flashcards useless but that's a personal preference, you may find it useful
One thing I do use a lot is Quizlet - you can find some good resources and its free
Also, use Seneca to help with revision, just make an account and you're good to go (ALSO FREE)
Let me know if you need anything else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (65)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (130)
24.3%
Live streaming events (46)
8.6%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.72%
A uni comparison tool (124)
23.18%
An in-person event when available (118)
22.06%