I want all 9s what should i be doing
sarah_t123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ruru06)
just keep your notes up to date from now so that when you are in year 11 revising will be much easier
ruru06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by sarah_t123)
just keep your notes up to date from now so that when you are in year 11 revising will be much easier
i make flashcards instead of notes
sarah_t123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
that's fine just make a few each day for each of the lessons you just had
ruru06
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarah_t123)
that's fine just make a few each day for each of the lessons you just had
even when i do make flashcards i end up not revising them or the questions on exams are like when i do revise i find exam questions really really hard
grapefruits
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I agree with sarah_t123
Taking notes is probably the one piece of advice that everyone tells you, but just to give you an idea of how helpful it is:
In year 11, you will find that you have very little time compared to what you were expecting.
There will be events after another (such as career fairs), and small unit tests that distract you from actual GCSE revision. Having notes in any form (including flashcards, ofc) will be a godsend when you have to scram in the revision in your spare time.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Flash cards = spending less time studying

Make flashcards along the way
grapefruits
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
even when i do make flashcards i end up not revising them or the questions on exams are like when i do revise i find exam questions really really hard
I didn't revise my flashcards at all in year 10, but I used them in year 11 easter
Don't be too harsh on yourself!
ruru06
Rep:
?
thanks for replying
user1567945
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Start trying all different revision methods on the content you have already learned.
You will be tested in this content in your GCSEs, so it's great to make sure you understand as much of it as you can now for when you have new content next year.

You could try mindmaps, summaries, practice questions...
Just don't work too hard now, as in year 11 you will be hardcore studying and do not want to be burnt out.
By wanting to revise now, you already have a massive advantage.

So just keep typing up the content you have so it is easy to return to next year
You do not need to hardcore study yet, so don't worry too much.. Find a way to make revision fun
fluous
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
This is a pretty vague question to ask but what you should know that 'all nines' is often easier to say rather than achieve. I did get mostly 9s for GCSE (although predicted grades, due to covid).

For revision, you should create revision materials (notes, flashcards) and the most important thing is to put your knowledge into practice and do practice questions or past papers to find where your weak spots are in each subject. This means you can find things you're not as good at and know what to work on.
Make sure you understand all the content and revise some topics to keep them fresh in your mind.

Make sure you're focused when you're revising (even if you don't like revising lol).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (240)
56.87%
I don't have everything I need (182)
43.13%

Watched Threads