AliciaFreeman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am currently trying to figure out what courses to take at university as I am sending off my UCAS application in a month. However, I have recently discovered journalism and I am interested in the subject, but I have had no previous experience and the subjects in A Level I am currently doing is geography, biology and sociology. Therefore, what should I do? should I try and pursue a degree in journalism even though I am competing with people who have experience?
EthanS1903
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think Universities, especially this year knowing that it's difficult to get work experience anyways, are looking for passion so it you are genuinely interested, they will see that in your personal statement with your wider reading etc.
cryingchild
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
honestly, take a short free online course on futurelearn or smth and see if u truly like it bc if u only recently found an interest for it, u need to make sure it would last at least 3 years if ur doing it as a degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (296)
55.95%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.05%

Watched Threads