The Student Room Group

Having Coronavirus

To everyone who has had coronavirus, what was it like? What were your symptoms like? Please state your age.
I had the virus twice, once in march and the second was in July...i'm in my early 20s. I must have caught the virus on the tube #1 and collecting something at my local chemist #2. I was wearing a mask

It was pretty awful I constantly felt breathless, I was coughing non stop and in the first case I got given antibiotics which did help.

My symptoms included:
Coughing
Breathlessness- which I had the majority of the time..it was really bad and I am asthmatic
Fever// warm temperature
Fatigue
Lost my sense of taste
Confusion
Aches in the limbs
Loss of Balance
Headache
Runny nose
(edited 3 years ago)
Wow I’m sorry that totally sucks, eventhough the virus is really bad not everyone gets horrible symptoms, my mum is 55 and only really had a headache and a sore throat
muscle ache in my right leg
pressure on my chest.. only noticeable when i was laying down in bed
very mild coughing in the beginning. didnt last long

my sister lost her sense of taste + smell for a few weeks, also had a cough as the first symptom.

my mum had it the worst. lost her apetite, had the coughing, breathlessness, very weak. it was extremely scary. she was admitted and they gave her oxygen and antibiotics and she recovered well.

the virus is not a joke. i worry about having a second crisis in my household.
Reply 4
28 years old.

lost my sense of smell for 7 weeks. lost sense of taste for a week
terrible headaches
all over body ache
upset stomach

otherwise fit and well - felt like id been ran over by a bus!
Original post by D7S
I had the virus twice, once in march and the second was in July...i'm in my early 20s. I must have caught the virus on the tube #1 and collecting something at my local chemist #2.

It was pretty awful I constantly felt breathless, I was coughing non stop and in the first case I got given antibiotics which did help.

My symptoms included:
Coughing
Breathlessness- which I had the majority of the time..it was really bad and I am asthmatic
Fever// warm temperature
Fatigue
Lost my sense of taste
Confusion
Aches in the limbs
Loss of Balance
Headache
Runny nose

interesting you caught it twice. was you wearing a mask where you thought you caught it?
Reply 6
Original post by KimmyKim96
interesting you caught it twice. was you wearing a mask where you thought you caught it?

Hes probably lying
Original post by KimmyKim96

Yes I was wearing a mask, I wear it wherever I go.

Quick Reply

Latest