Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

I will hopefully be going to Sussex uni and I've heard a lot of great things about it. I will by doing Economics Bsc. The social life is very important to me as I don't want to be stuck somewhere where i'll be sad, bored and lonely for 3 years. I like partying and going out and making friends with anyone and everyone. FYI I'm from London.

So, my question is, which accommodation has the best social life (including parties n stuff) and is full of energetic people?

Feel free to add any sort of extra information about anything at all. <3
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I will hopefully be going to Sussex uni and I've heard a lot of great things about it. I will by doing Economics Bsc. The social life is very important to me as I don't want to be stuck somewhere where i'll be sad, bored and lonely for 3 years. I like partying and going out and making friends with anyone and everyone. FYI I'm from London.

So, my question is, which accommodation has the best social life (including parties n stuff) and is full of energetic people?

Feel free to add any sort of extra information about anything at all. <3
Hello, in terms of the most socially-active student accommodation, you may want to consider Park Village or Norwich House non-ensuite flats, with highest number of residents per flat (12 in total). Alternatively, if you are looking for a bit more modern accommodation, in a higher price range, you can opt for East Lope Residences, with 10 people per flat. See the Sussex Housing web-page for more information:https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accommodation/on-campus. However, it is probably worth keeping in mind that some flats even in these types of accommodation are quieter than others, depending on the exact combination of people you end up living with. However, on your housing application you will be able to specify some preferences as to how quiet you would like your flat to be, and for instance, whether you want it to be same or mixed gender. Also, normally it is quiet common for student to attend parties at other flats, so even if you happen to live in a slightly quieter flat, you will still have plenty of opportunities to socialize with other students (of course in the present moment, the Covid-restrictions do prohibit students from visiting other flats, but hopefully this will change in near future).

As a bit of a side note, at Sussex there is a lot of students from London, if this is something you are wondering about

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
BPAMICE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This year the most active accommodation is definitely Northfield, since it is furthest out and parties are much less likely to be shut down by security. However that's only due to corona. It does have its own bar which I've heard is usually very active as well. Most years though east slope is the most active from what I've heard. Park Village is a black hole
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.08%
I don't have everything I need (91)
37.92%

Watched Threads