The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Accommodation help

Hello

My daughter is in her first year at Portsmouth Uni.

Her and 3 friends are already thinking about renting a student house for their second year- seems a bit early as i thought she wouldnt have to sort that out til next spring/summer but she says best to get something sorted now although they wouldnt be moving in til next Summer.

Any ideas of where she should be looking,,ie good reputable student accomodation website,good location around Portsmouth,any locations to avoid.

Any advice I can pass on much appreciated.
Original post by susiebe
Hello

Her and 3 friends are already thinking about renting a student house for their second year- seems a bit early as i thought she wouldnt have to sort that out til next spring/summer but she says best to get something sorted now although they wouldnt be moving in til next Summer.

Any ideas of where she should be looking,,ie good reputable student accomodation website,good location around Portsmouth,any locations to avoid.

The best thing would be to speak to the Students Union at the uni. They would have relevant information on this for you. Most offers don't really go out until after Christmas, I'd hold off personally until she gets to know the people a little better, just in case! Hopefully this helps a bit.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Waiting is best now
Original post by susiebe
Hello

So it’s not as unusual as you’d think organising accomodation this early, and yes it is ridiculously early & unnecessary but people get worried all accomodation will disappear (ofc in reality it won’t). I personally would say their is no harm in waiting but lets get real her & her mates are probably already very keen.

Be sensible check Facebook and student groups for landlord/leasing agent reviews, do a tour of the new house before signing, make sure everyone is happy with the budget.

Outline what they want & look on a map, you can go on google maps & find somewhere within walking distance of uni, of the social part of town, supermarket, gym.

It’s mostly just common sense. Ultimately this is how people learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending