Can I enter Rotterdam University or Groningen University without a maths a-level?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi! In my school we were made to choose subjects based on what we wanted to study in university and as studying abroad had never been an option for me until recently I didn’t take maths (in Spain I don’t need maths to study international business).

My concern then came whilst doing a little research on the Netherlands and finding out that to study in Groningen and Rotterdam I needed a-level maths.

Is it possible to get admitted without it? I was really considering going there but this threw me off completely as I thought there weren’t any specific requirements regarding specific subjects.
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not sure about Rotterdam, but i am pretty sure groningen will take you if you do a math test here are their accepted certificates to lift deficiency per faculty
https://www.rug.nl/education/bachelo...t_9_7424_15470

I think rotterdam will have something similar
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Catsarepurrfect)
Not sure about Rotterdam, but i am pretty sure groningen will take you if you do a math test here are their accepted certificates to lift deficiency per faculty
https://www.rug.nl/education/bachelo...t_9_7424_15470

I think rotterdam will have something similar
Wow, thank you so much! Do you know if the exam is hard to pass for someone who hasn’t done maths further than IGCSE? (I actually do maths but in Spanish and they are applied to business so I’ve done differentiation, matrices and logarithms... but it’s not the same as doing the actual A level.)
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Wow, thank you so much! Do you know if the exam is hard to pass for someone who hasn’t done maths further than IGCSE? (I actually do maths but in Spanish and they are applied to business so I’ve done differentiation, matrices and logarithms... but it’s not the same as doing the actual A level.)
You are welcome! I don't know, sorry :/ but i am sure they will have some sample papers online but i think it won't be as hard as a levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.57%
I don't have everything I need (97)
39.43%

Watched Threads