The Student Room Group

Best friend having a new best friend

I have someone I consider my best friend with whom I am really close to. I share with her everything and she means A LOT to me- no romantic feelings towards her but a genuine foundation of trust and platonical love for her. She has helped me a lot and I have always tried to make her happy and support her in everything she does and tried to help her everytime she needed any sort of help. I would do anything I can for her and I’ve already got to great extent to prove her how much she means to me. Recently she got close to a mutual friend of both of us and seems like she is putting him above me and everything else. Feels like she we are not as close we were even 3 weeks ago. They spend hours and hours texting each other and I feel completely replaced - I know for a fact that they don’t like each other which is making me even more confused and in a way “sad” and paranoid of losing my bond with her. If she happens to like him I would be the first one to be happy for her and try do whatever I can but as for now it just seems like my spot has been replaced and she is the closest friend I have- I never try to open up to people because of past experiences but she is the only person i feel comfortable and losing all this would really make me feel bad. I have tried talking to some other ppl about it and they all blame her or attack her and I definitely don’t want that because I’d rather have her be happy with this her new best friend even tho if that means forgetting about me. Has anyone else gone through something similar and what do I do because the past days have been really bad cuz I keep thinking of this
Original post by Miatasmiley
I have someone I consider my best friend with whom I am really close to. I share with her everything and she means A LOT to me- no romantic feelings towards her but a genuine foundation of trust and platonical love for her. She has helped me a lot and I have always tried to make her happy and support her in everything she does and tried to help her everytime she needed any sort of help. I would do anything I can for her and I’ve already got to great extent to prove her how much she means to me. Recently she got close to a mutual friend of both of us and seems like she is putting him above me and everything else. Feels like she we are not as close we were even 3 weeks ago. They spend hours and hours texting each other and I feel completely replaced - I know for a fact that they don’t like each other which is making me even more confused and in a way “sad” and paranoid of losing my bond with her. If she happens to like him I would be the first one to be happy for her and try do whatever I can but as for now it just seems like my spot has been replaced and she is the closest friend I have- I never try to open up to people because of past experiences but she is the only person i feel comfortable and losing all this would really make me feel bad. I have tried talking to some other ppl about it and they all blame her or attack her and I definitely don’t want that because I’d rather have her be happy with this her new best friend even tho if that means forgetting about me. Has anyone else gone through something similar and what do I do because the past days have been really bad cuz I keep thinking of this

stuff happens , move on

Hey I'm really sorry. Do you think she has a crush on him or are they just friends? I don't expect you to know, but if she does have feelings for him then they will be intense at the moment to the point where all she wants is to give all her time to him. I understand this is frustrating for you as she isn't checking in on you and whether you are okay, but it's normal for her to non stop talk to him more than with you at this time. Another thing if she doesn't have feelings for him is people start drifting from each other as they get older. It's heart breaking but sadly happens sometimes. It happened to me. All I can assure you is first of all you probably won't lose her, but if you do then you will get over it. You accept you grew apart and that they changed. But you will always miss how you two used to be that's normal. Its part of life and life has changed to experiencing new things, meeting new people. It's all about life experiences and there will be more lonely times than others but the best person you have is yourself. I can't do much to help you but I hope she comes back
seems like she is putting him above me and everything else. Feels like she we are not as close we were even 3 weeks ago. They spend hours and hours texting each other and I feel completely replaced.

You may have less time together at the moment, but is the time that you DO have together still of high quality? Is she still nice to you and as interested when you open up?
I've been in a same situation, my advice is... I would form new friendships with other people you know. Focus on yourself for now and don't just depend on your 'best-friend'- do things which make you happy and be a bit more confident within yourself. Writing has really helped me, write about how you feel etc...
I don't see it as a crime for your best-friend to build on other friendships..its a bit childish in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending