My Dad gave my dog away

Watch this thread
22sarah08
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
While I was off to university my Dad gave our family dog of 15 years away without telling me. Before I went to university they we´re talking about maybe giving her away, but my dad promised he wouldn´t and I also alway got pictures while I was gone.
A Week ago I came home to my moms place (My parents are divorced btw) and a few days ago my dad finally visited. There he and his new wife told me they gave my dog away. I´m super upset because first of all my dad promised me he wouldn´t give her away because she is old and has cancer and second they did so without telling me or letting me say bye. I don´t even understand why they gave her to someone they didnt even know, when I could have taken her. I cried myself to sleep everynight and begged both of them to give me the number or the adress so I could at least go say bye but they refuse, saying it would make my dog upset seeing me and me going again. I can´t understand since I would also have to go to uni again.

I really don´t know what to do... I tried talking to my dad calmly and even when my dad saw how upset I am he didn´t budge. How can I get over the grief or forgive my dad when he doesnt even care how much my heart is broken. I miss my dog so much and I was so excited to finally see her again. I just feel myself getting more and more depressed (I´m diagnosed btw) and nobody seems to help me or even care. When I was on my phone he just said I should stop crying and that he´s going to hang up because it´s the better choice for him. And I understand that but I could have taken her or at least choose to who she should go or at least say goodbye. She has non curable cancer and i´m so scared of her dying without me ever properly saying goodbye.

I hope someone can help me on how to cope with this or has any tips. I feel like I´m lost and dying.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Maybe it died and he didn't want to tell you.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Tbh i would probably cut him off if it was my dog and he was so dismissive of my feelings like that, that's not someone who has your best interests at heart, only his. You're under no obligation to forgive him or try and mend things if you don't feel comfortable doing so. Ditch toxic people and put your health first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (146)
66.67%
No (47)
21.46%
I didn't use it to prepare (26)
11.87%

Watched Threads