shexyara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Im struggling to write my personal statement can someone help
im studying english lit, sociology and politics a level I'm finding hard to link it together.
Askme 1236
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by shexyara)
Im struggling to write my personal statement can someone help
im studying english lit, sociology and politics a level I'm finding hard to link it together.
From my personal experience writing a personal statement should include why u want to study that course, something you’ve done or doing which relates to the course and maybe why u want to study at that uni. But overall even if u don’t get ur 5 you’ll get into a uni on results day.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Give reasons as to why you love to study those courses. Focus on skills and experience too.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
'Sociology informed your view of society, a society which has the rule of law at its core' < You easily turn that into at least half a paragraph
'During my A Level studies, I did politics which sparked an interest in constitutional law...' < Again you can go on here, but that should link those to subject to law, you can go on to state that English Lit prepared you with strong essay writing skills or something. Also if this is helpful, don't use the words I've used here as it will come up on a plagiarism checker.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
sociology and politics are directly related to law. have you read any law related text? what has inspired you to study law and not sociology or a politics degree?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Focus on the stuff outside of your A Levels that show your interest in law - that is far more unique and interesting to the admissions tutors
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk about your interests and hobbies in a lot of detail. Mention any useful skills learned as well. If you have any sort of previous volunteering experience then do not omit it. Be completely honest. Avoid selling yourself short however.
shexyara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
'Sociology informed your view of society, a society which has the rule of law at its core' < You easily turn that into at least half a paragraph
'During my A Level studies, I did politics which sparked an interest in constitutional law...' < Again you can go on here, but that should link those to subject to law, you can go on to state that English Lit prepared you with strong essay writing skills or something. Also if this is helpful, don't use the words I've used here as it will come up on a plagiarism checker.
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
13.75%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (43)
26.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (67)
41.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.13%

Watched Threads