Shopping Watch

This discussion is closed.
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Trying not to sound like a tit. but erm... how much do you spend on clothes when you are at university? I dont want to look like a tramp
hester
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
Trying not to sound like a tit. but erm... how much do you spend on clothes when you are at university? I dont want to look like a tramp
too much... too much.. i budget like £40 a week for food, but i spend more like 5.. cos people cook for me when i do my puppy eyes!! hehe so what i save on food goes on clothes..

so, way way way too much.

p.s i dont like like a tramp!!

pps. yes there ARE places to shop in the depths of Cornwall :P
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hester)
too much... too much.. i budget like £40 a week for food, but i spend more like 5.. cos people cook for me when i do my puppy eyes!! hehe so what i save on food goes on clothes..

so, way way way too much.

p.s i dont like like a tramp!!

pps. yes there ARE places to shop in the depths of Cornwall :P
Yes I hear they have a new farm shop in Falmouth these days... :p:
hester
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Yes I hear they have a new farm shop in Falmouth these days... :p:
haha! very funny. we have big wednesdays.. and all those new shops by the maritime museum!! Great if ur into surfer styles like me :P but if you arent, you are stuck with new look. Even Truros not that good.. i'm stocking up in Selfridges back here in B'ham :P
Lissy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My halls are literally 5mins away from Oxford St...so i spend far too much on clothes!
RxB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Didn't buy any clothes this term.
KuinKra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bought my clothes before I went to uni. And that wasn't a huge amount; I just wore what I had from school. Is there a need to get kitted out for university? Seems kind of pointless to me when you have perfectly good clothes in your wardrobe...
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I brought about £70 worth of clothes this term..and asked for money and clothes for xmas.
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I spent nothin on clothes durhing the term but spent loads before and have just spent over £200 in the sales. I dont know anyone whos bought any clothes in durham
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have far too many clothes. I didn't need to do my laundry til the 8th week as I didn't run out of clothes til then. So I'm gonna try not to buy any clothes, shoes or bags this term, but it probably won't work.
Vikernes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't buy clothes while I'm still at home and working, so I sure as hell won't be doing so while at uni. I doubt I'll ever be in any situations where I'll need to look smart or clean. All I'll need to buy is a needle and some cotton to stitch what I have back together.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hester)
haha! very funny. we have big wednesdays.. and all those new shops by the maritime museum!! Great if ur into surfer styles like me :P but if you arent, you are stuck with new look. Even Truros not that good.. i'm stocking up in Selfridges back here in B'ham :P
I used to think Truro was great until I moved to Plymouth! lol. Yeah I like surf stuff too....newquay have 1/2 price sales on at the moment at most surf shops
ecossaise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I spent about £100 on new clothes during my first semester at uni - and it was solely because I was a bit shell-shocked at the difference in temperature in London in October compared to Glasgow - everything I had with me was either too warm or cold. So I went to the student lock-in in Topshop on Oxford Street and used my 20% discount as best I could.

Since then, I've not really had time to do some shopping for myself - the precious shopping time I have had has been used on buying Christmas presents for other people.
homabahrami
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was generally quite thrifty during my first term at uni, or so I thought. Was doing my spreadsheets the other day though and I've spent over £300 on clothes in 2 months. I don't appear to have bought much either so I'm telling myself it's a good investment in winter clothing and thinking nothing more of it. I don't understand how I possibly spent that though since the shops in Oxford are so crap compared to Glasgow.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (540)
80.24%
Leave (133)
19.76%

Watched Threads