The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Studying at Medway

Studying at Medway

You are looking into studying at the University of Greenwich and thought to look over the online prospectus again for your course and realise …wait I am going to be studying in Medway! The questions running through your mind are probably… Where is Medway? What does the campus look like? What is there to even do for fun on the campus? I live in London and I want to stay home while I am studying at Uni will this even be possible?

DON’T WORRY! I will be answering all these questions for you today.

Where is Medway?

Medway is in Chatham in Kent.

What does the campus look like?

Medway Campus has a rich naval history. Its red-brick buildings were previously a Royal Navy base. Nelson's flagship HMS Victory was built at Chatham's Historic Dockyard. The campus also has amazing cafés and bars, including those in Pembroke and Pilkington Buildings. An attractive piazza-style area with outdoor seating is ideal for events. There are also plenty of green spaces, with a tennis court and on-site gym. It also has the longest library in Europe and has many labs and lecture theatres. For you look at it yourself click [https://www.gre.ac.uk/events/virtual-tours=www.thestudentroom.co.uk]here to have access to a virtual tour of the campus.

What fun things can I even do there?

There is the a building called the Deep end on campus that host many great events and even when they are not hosting events it’s still a really nice place to chill out with your friends get some food and drinks and have a good time. There is the dockside shopping outlet that is a 10-minute walk away from the campus that has a range of things to do there from a cinema, clothing stores, restaurants to gyms. My favourite place to go is Taco Bell. You can also go and explore the Greenwich campus and everything that Greenwich has to offer as the university provides a bus that takes you straight from the Medway campus to the Greenwich campus.

I live in London and I want to stay home when I am studying at Uni will this even be possible?

As a student that currently studies at the Medway Campus, I can confirm that this is possible. I have peers that live in North, South, East and West London that commute to university from home or go home every weekend and they have not had problems with travel. As stated previously there is a university bus service that runs between Medway and our other two campuses in London. A fee applies, and services are scheduled to get you to and from lectures at the appropriate times. When you are at the Greenwich campus you will have access to TFL and the DLR. There is also a train station that is a 15-minute walk from the Medway campus.

I hope this has helped you and if you have any more questions don’t be afraid to comment them.:smile:

-Joy
Hi everyone! :hello:

We are just letting everybody know that we will not be appearing as an official rep here for much longer. We will be leaving these threads open so that the conversations can continue. You will still be able to chat to us on TSR as we will have students coming on every now and then to answer questions and share their experiences.

We are still here to help through our other communication channels below:

- Give us a call on 020 8331 9000 between 9am and 5pm during the week

- Email us at [email protected]

- Message us in real-time with our livechat feature

We have really enjoyed talking to you here and we look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Cait :smile:

#proudtobeGRE
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending