Ask a Biological sciences student anything!

Watch this thread
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone!

My name is Zoe and I am in my second year of Biological Sciences at the University of Reading.
I am mainly taking modules in Zoology and Ecology but will try to answer questions on any aspect of Biology!

I am happy to answer questions about any aspect of Student life and studying.
I also took a gap year and two placements, one in Malaysia working with a charity doing turtle conservation and one on the island of San Cristobal, Galapagos, working in a reforestation project and as with every gap year student ever, adore talking about it

Feel free to post any questions below! I'll check this post periodically over the next week.

Zoe
Second year Biological Sciences and Student Ambassador
mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Did you have to have chemistry for the entry requirements?
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by mary388)
Did you have to have chemistry for the entry requirements?
Hey mary388

At Reading you don't have to have chemistry! Just Biology and one other science.
However during first year you will have to take a chemistry module if you haven't taken it before. From course mate's experiences though this module isn't too bad.
You can find more about the course entry requirements here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...-sciences.aspx

I hope this helps answer your question
Zoe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.06%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (72)
44.17%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads