The Student Room Group

sixth form

anyone applying to tiffins?
Reply 1
I'm applying for Wycombe Abbey not tiffin but I have my exam and interview soon, what about you?
Reply 2
Original post by Thuwy
I'm applying for Wycombe Abbey not tiffin but I have my exam and interview soon, what about you?

i am thinking to apply to tiffins. i really really hope i get in, i haven't sent my application in yet but I'm going to very soon! is wycombe abbey a private boarding school?
Reply 3
Original post by Gauri_P
i am thinking to apply to tiffins. i really really hope i get in, i haven't sent my application in yet but I'm going to very soon! is wycombe abbey a private boarding school?

Good luck! Yes it is
Reply 4
Original post by Thuwy
Good luck! Yes it is

good luck to you too! if you don't mind asking, what are your predicted grades post year 11 mocks?
Reply 5
Original post by Gauri_P
good luck to you too! if you don't mind asking, what are your predicted grades post year 11 mocks?

My predicted grades are actually not great and we haven't done mocks yet. Corona has messed up with a lot of our work. Is there a particular reason you want to know? x
Reply 6
Original post by Thuwy
My predicted grades are actually not great and we haven't done mocks yet. Corona has messed up with a lot of our work. Is there a particular reason you want to know? x

yeah, i really want a conditional offer from tiffins and i wanted to know if you happened to know around what average predicted grades you might have to have. but omg definitely, my teachers said the mocks we just had are the worst mocks they've ever had since the new curriculum because everyones doing bad since we've missed so much school!
Reply 7
Original post by Gauri_P
yeah, i really want a conditional offer from tiffins and i wanted to know if you happened to know around what average predicted grades you might have to have. but omg definitely, my teachers said the mocks we just had are the worst mocks they've ever had since the new curriculum because everyones doing bad since we've missed so much school!

I am honestly so nervous for the exams and interviews because this Yr has no prepared us well. What prep are you doing?
Reply 8
Original post by Thuwy
I am honestly so nervous for the exams and interviews because this Yr has no prepared us well. What prep are you doing?

tbh rn im just relying on my grades. my top 8 subjects average is 8.0 (predicted grades) and i'm really hoping i can achieve that for GCSE! im not thinking about interviews too much currently because they'll probably happen sometime next year.
Reply 9
Original post by Gauri_P
tbh rn im just relying on my grades. my top 8 subjects average is 8.0 (predicted grades) and i'm really hoping i can achieve that for GCSE! im not thinking about interviews too much currently because they'll probably happen sometime next year.

Oh ok, but I would say to be prepared for interviews because mine are next week but they are doing it online, idk much about the school you are applying for but be prepared. The exams are next week as well, and I'm doing maths psychology biology and chemistry. What about you.
Reply 10
Original post by Thuwy
Oh ok, but I would say to be prepared for interviews because mine are next week but they are doing it online, idk much about the school you are applying for but be prepared. The exams are next week as well, and I'm doing maths psychology biology and chemistry. What about you.

how are you preparing for interviews? :smile: i'm not sure what a levels i want to choose yet but i'm definitely not picking 4! so far i've decided maths, economics and i'm really not sure about the last one, maybe a science..
Reply 11
Original post by Gauri_P
how are you preparing for interviews? :smile: i'm not sure what a levels i want to choose yet but i'm definitely not picking 4! so far i've decided maths, economics and i'm really not sure about the last one, maybe a science..

We have to do 4 subjects so I had to choose quite wisely. And for interviews tbh I'm just thinking of potential questions and drafting answers in my head, I haven't prepped much for the interviews yet mainly on the exams 😊
Reply 12
Original post by Thuwy
We have to do 4 subjects so I had to choose quite wisely. And for interviews tbh I'm just thinking of potential questions and drafting answers in my head, I haven't prepped much for the interviews yet mainly on the exams 😊

oh ok, well good luck and if you remember, keep me updated! xx
Reply 13
Original post by Gauri_P
oh ok, well good luck and if you remember, keep me updated! xx

Thank you and sure x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending