History A level source question... HELP

Watch
StardustFalls
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi don't suppose anyone could check if my source question for Russian history A level is good?
If you can spare the time, just let me know and I'll send it to you

Thanks
JustACoincidence
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'll have a look for you if you want. I did a-level history and we did do a bit on Russia. Ours was rulers from 1881-1964. Can't quite remember the exact dates but it was from Alexander III until Khrushchev.
StardustFalls
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JustACoincidence)
I'll have a look for you if you want. I did a-level history and we did do a bit on Russia. Ours was rulers from 1881-1964. Can't quite remember the exact dates but it was from Alexander III until Khrushchev.
Hi sorry for the late reply. I got my source essay back today and I only got 16/30
I really need help in how to do them. Do you have any tips? Or can you just help me in general ahhh 😦😩
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which exam board are you doing? The main advice I'd give be is to keep refering directly back to the question in the wording of the question It's not an English exam so it doesn't matter how often you repeat those words, just make sure that every single bit of analysis relates back somehow to the question!
StardustFalls
Rep:
?
(Original post by redmeercat)
Which exam board are you doing? The main advice I'd give be is to keep refering directly back to the question in the wording of the question It's not an English exam so it doesn't matter how often you repeat those words, just make sure that every single bit of analysis relates back somehow to the question!
Thanks, think i just got unnecessarily stressed 😅
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StardustFalls)
Thanks, think i just got unnecessarily stressed 😅
Easily done but history papers are all about exam technique, and that's something you can improve relatively painlessly by finding a structure that works for you and the mark scheme, and doing a lot of practice
StardustFalls
Rep:
?
Easily done but history papers are all about exam technique, and that's something you can improve relatively painlessly by finding a structure that works for you and the mark scheme, and doing a lot of practice
Do you have a good structure i could use?
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StardustFalls)
Do you have a good structure i could use?
It depends on which exam board - I did OCR, so that's all I have. But generally a PEE repeating structure which referencing the question tightly (a repeats multiple times per paragraph) should work well enough, depending on the marking criteria. Perhaps ask your teacher for an exemplar with a good structure that you can translate into your own essays?
StardustFalls
Rep:
?
It depends on which exam board - I did OCR, so that's all I have. But generally a PEE repeating structure which referencing the question tightly (a repeats multiple times per paragraph) should work well enough, depending on the marking criteria. Perhaps ask your teacher for an exemplar with a good structure that you can translate into your own essays?
The PEE structure does sound very good. I think i too am doing OCR. i will ask for a good structure. Thanks, this was very helpful 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads