Personal Statement + Radiography

Watch this thread
Alisha26.
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, how would I relate the alevels I have studied to Diagnostic Radiography

The Alevels are Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Thank youu!!!!!!!
mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Not sure, hopefully someone else can help
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alisha26.)
Hi, how would I relate the alevels I have studied to Diagnostic Radiography

The Alevels are Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Thank youu!!!!!!!
You don’t need to do this. It’s a horrible waste of space and isn’t personal or about your subject.

Admissions staff know what benefits different A level subjects offer in preparing applicants for their courses. They don’t need to read 500 different explanations of the same thing.
mary388
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’d disagree, definitely look into the skills which cross over. E.g. biology being about living things and humans (of course plants too) radiography being about people too. Obviously more specific but I don’t know much about radiography. I’m applying for psychology as a degree so I spoke about my evaluative and statistical skills from maths and my essay subjects so they know i can do well on that course!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mary388)
I’d disagree, definitely look into the skills which cross over. E.g. biology being about living things and humans (of course plants too) radiography being about people too. Obviously more specific but I don’t know much about radiography. I’m applying for psychology as a degree so I spoke about my evaluative and statistical skills from maths and my essay subjects so they know i can do well on that course!
I have over a decades experience working in admissions.

While a lot of applicants do what you’ve done (because teachers often advise it) it doesn’t add anything of value to a PS and wastes space that could be used for something more personal.
For a subject like the OPs where the PS is far more important than for psychology (where it’s all but unknown for applicants to be rejected due to their PS even if their PS is dire) then I definitely would advise against wasting space on something so generic
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ditto. We do know what we are talking about !

For any vocational course connected to the NHS you need to use the PS to show that you understand the realities of the job - not wittering on about your A levels. More than anything you need to show (examples...) that you have the physical and emotional resilience to cope, that you have 'care' experience, and that you understand the NHS values - https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/wor...s-constitution - and how the role you are applying for works within the wider NHS.
mary388
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)

While a lot of applicants do what you’ve done (because teachers often advise it) it doesn’t add anything of value to a PS and wastes space that could be used for something more personal.
For a subject like the OPs where the PS is far more important than for psychology (where it’s all but unknown for applicants to be rejected due to their PS even if their PS is dire) then I definitely would advise against wasting space on something so generic
Well how on earth would I have known that? You didn’t mention it so as far as I know you were just another student.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mary388)
Well how on earth would I have known that? You didn’t mention it so as far as I know you were just another student.
It shouldnt matter who reads your answer, if you are not certain of your response, not sure that you are giving the correct answer, then you need to phrase it accordingly. Its fine to answer but 'I'm not sure about this but...' is a good way of starting your response.
Alisha26.
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Ditto. We do know what we are talking about !

For any vocational course connected to the NHS you need to use the PS to show that you understand the realities of the job - not wittering on about your A levels. More than anything you need to show (examples...) that you have the physical and emotional resilience to cope, that you have 'care' experience, and that you understand the NHS values - https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/wor...s-constitution - and how the role you are applying for works within the wider NHS.
Thank you soo much - really helpful
Alisha26.
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (31)
18.56%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (33)
19.76%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
20.96%

Watched Threads