kpodotto
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi everyone, I'm a 1st-year Bsc psychology student, and I'm feeling anxious about two things: how I will do in the first essay (due on Monday) ; and preparing for essay-writing in timed exams!
I wanted to ask if any psychology graduates on here would be willing to look for their psychology materials from their degree and provide some examples of essay titles that have come up for them during their degree, either for essays that were due to write at home, or questions that came up in timed exams. I just want to practice a bit and get used to it :O

What would be even better is if you were willing to share examples of marked work, with the comments attached, or just with your own comments (if you remember the grade or comments that were made to you!). I am not expectant this, I realize it may be a long shot, but hey if anyone's feeling generous that would be aboslutely amazing!!!

I'll be super grateful for any responses, thank you!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How children behave on the roads
How video games affect children's social skills
Children and societal expectations
Why children turn to crime and violence
How kids bully one another
kpodotto
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
How children behave on the roads
How video games affect children's social skills
Children and societal expectations
Why children turn to crime and violence
How kids bully one another
Hey, thanks so much for your reply, what module was that for? And were those essay questions or questions in an exam?
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Off the top of my head
No specific module
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
‘You can’t work therapeutically with prisoners who self-harm and/or feel suicidal.’ Critically discuss this statement with reference to research and practise in counselling and forensic psychology.

Can cognition be unbiased? Critically evaluate the extent to which cognitive processes can be unbiased, drawing on module material

“Animal models/studies are useful but limited for understanding mental health”

“Human beings are, by nature, good”
kpodotto
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
‘You can’t work therapeutically with prisoners who self-harm and/or feel suicidal.’ Critically discuss this statement with reference to research and practise in counselling and forensic psychology.

Can cognition be unbiased? Critically evaluate the extent to which cognitive processes can be unbiased, drawing on module material

thank you!!!
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by kpodotto)
thank you!!!
You’re welcome.
The best thing to do for your first essay however is do your best-follow and assessment guidance and pay close attention to the feedback that comes back from it so you know which areas you need to work on.
kpodotto
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
You’re welcome.
The best thing to do for your first essay however is do your best-follow and assessment guidance and pay close attention to the feedback that comes back from it so you know which areas you need to work on.
very true!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

I love this. I did a literature review on this topic during my MSc, very interesting.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 9 months ago
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
I love this. I did a literature review on this topic during my MSc, very interesting.
That came from my favourite undergrad module. One of those essays you don’t mind researching and doing because the topic at hand is so interesting!
What MSc did you do?
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That came from my favourite undergrad module. One of those essays you don’t mind researching and doing because the topic at hand is so interesting!
What MSc did you do?
Forensic Psychology
kpodotto
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Forensic Psychology
Really cool. What did you write about for your Msc dissertation?
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by kpodotto)
Really cool. What did you write about for your Msc dissertation?
I used IPA and researched the experiences of volunteer mentors working in a young offenders institution. It's the same organisation I volunteer with myself so I just interviewed my colleagues and extrapolated themes from the data. There's not much out there in terms of looking at things from the mentors perspective, it's normally always the mentee's experience that people are interested in so hopefully it's contributed something.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Another topic you could do is the effect of art on our brains. Other topics include human memory and the brain, learning difficulties and the brain, trauma and human reactions and the impact of sport on the human brain. Stress and the human brain is a topic worth investigating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
17.05%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.83%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (38)
29.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.6%

Watched Threads