The Student Room Group

*** Broke up with my gf today - Just wanna talk ***

**Backstory**

I am 16, she is 15. We met on snap in Jan. Due to covid we couldn't meet for ages but we would non stop message during lockdown. We finally met in the summer and ended up meeting 10 times over the relationship. We were both each others first loves and first kisses. This relationship lasted 10 months.

**The Breakup**

In around the 8/9 month, we started to argue and got toxic to each other. And soon after we concluded that it was due to lack of communication. After that, she decided to break up with me whereas I wanted to try and make things work by communicating more. My main problem is that she blamed me fully for the breakup, when in reality she also hurt me and pressured me during the relationship.

Her best friend hates my btw because she things I hurt my ex (but I didn't even know I was hurting her because of a lack of communication), and she persuaded my ex to break up with me.

I just can't see why we couldn't have fixed this instead of breaking up over it.

**Trying to get her back**

Over the last month I have done my best to get her back but she has moved on. She has got a new bf and today I finally accepted that this isn't gonna ever work out.

**What I am doing now**

To recover from this I have been looking at lots of other people's stories, watching videos and talking to friends. I have come to conclude that if she can't appreciate me and can't appreciate the love that I would give her, then it is her loss.

Honestly was so sad for this month but now I just say **** it - if she can't appreciate me then her loss. I am the prize, not her. She was really immature also, with her last words to me saying how I got a small penis (I acc have larger than average nationwide but she seems to think 8 inch is average or something). But yeah she was very immature. She was a girl, but I need a woman.

**Anything you have to say**

Any advice about how I can get through this? Or just anything to add?

Scroll to see replies

Idk never been in relationship :colondollar:
Just get chatting with people i guess
dude u also sound toxic af
Would you like a rebound?

OR

Would you like to prove to her you can pull any girl so thereby you get anyone?

OR

Would you like to get revenge?

Pick 1. The choice is yours. If none of the above suit you, please explain, further on your feelings and what you would like to next.
Reply 4
Original post by deadroseex
Would you like a rebound?

OR

Would you like to prove to her you can pull any girl so thereby you get anyone?

OR

Would you like to get revenge?

Pick 1. The choice is yours. If none of the above suit you, please explain, further on your feelings and what you would like to next.

Regarding rebound, I know it might not be morally correct but it would definitely get my mind off of her. So I suppose that could be an option.

Trying to pull anyone - not rlly. I would rather wait to find a fit girl and one that I can connect with properly. Don't wanna waste my time on just any girl.

No way revenge. I want her totally out of my life now.

Honestly, I just want to find a girl who I can connect with and who will love me as much as I will love them. I want a girl who would be happy to cuddle and stay in watching netflix, long makeout sessions, lots of common interests. I honestly dont need these big boobs or ass etc... I would just like a nice sweet, pretty girl.

Regarding my feelings, I have been devastated over the last month. I truly thought I was going to marry this girl (I know, very mature haha), but yeah it did it me really hard because I truly thought we would be together forever. But today I have got over that. I want to move on and I will.
She is a girl and not a woman and if a woman was to date u she would be a pedo
Original post by Anonymous
**Backstory**

I am 16, she is 15. We met on snap in Jan. Due to covid we couldn't meet for ages but we would non stop message during lockdown. We finally met in the summer and ended up meeting 10 times over the relationship. We were both each others first loves and first kisses. This relationship lasted 10 months.

**The Breakup**

In around the 8/9 month, we started to argue and got toxic to each other. And soon after we concluded that it was due to lack of communication. After that, she decided to break up with me whereas I wanted to try and make things work by communicating more. My main problem is that she blamed me fully for the breakup, when in reality she also hurt me and pressured me during the relationship.

Her best friend hates my btw because she things I hurt my ex (but I didn't even know I was hurting her because of a lack of communication), and she persuaded my ex to break up with me.

I just can't see why we couldn't have fixed this instead of breaking up over it.

**Trying to get her back**

Over the last month I have done my best to get her back but she has moved on. She has got a new bf and today I finally accepted that this isn't gonna ever work out.

**What I am doing now**

To recover from this I have been looking at lots of other people's stories, watching videos and talking to friends. I have come to conclude that if she can't appreciate me and can't appreciate the love that I would give her, then it is her loss.

Honestly was so sad for this month but now I just say **** it - if she can't appreciate me then her loss. I am the prize, not her. She was really immature also, with her last words to me saying how I got a small penis (I acc have larger than average nationwide but she seems to think 8 inch is average or something). But yeah she was very immature. She was a girl, but I need a woman.

**Anything you have to say**

Any advice about how I can get through this? Or just anything to add?

grow up, ur a kid, ur not gonna get a 'woman', move on ,
Regarding rebound, I know it might not be morally correct but it would definitely get my mind off of her. So I suppose that could be an option.

Trying to pull anyone - not rlly. I would rather wait to find a fit girl and one that I can connect with properly. Don't wanna waste my time on just any girl.

No way revenge. I want her totally out of my life now.

Honestly, I just want to find a girl who I can connect with and who will love me as much as I will love them. I want a girl who would be happy to cuddle and stay in watching netflix, long makeout sessions, lots of common interests. I honestly dont need these big boobs or ass etc... I would just like a nice sweet, pretty girl.

Regarding my feelings, I have been devastated over the last month. I truly thought I was going to marry this girl (I know, very mature haha), but yeah it did it me really hard because I truly thought we would be together forever. But today I have got over that. I want to move on and I will.

This was very cute to read. How very mature. (The ass and boobs thing by the way).
Anyways,

Rebounds are a lovely option. I have tried a few across the last few years of my life and it definitely works for the short term. By the end of the rebound situation you forget about the other person altogether. Keep it as an open option, because, it does not work for all and yes not morally correct either so keep it in mind though.

So pulling anyone and revenge are off the list. However, they are good on their own, I have tried both and they do not seem to end well. Very mature and honest. I like that. It makes the process quicker.

And everyone wants someone to watch Netflix with, to go on dates for no reason, to stare at the stars when it's 5 degrees, to kiss in the rain, cuddling all night, make out sessions, random acts of kindness. Got a bit carried away......chille............ if you really really want that, I recommend waiting it out. It is for the best and you receive all off the above. A true bargain.

When you are in a genuine relationship, marriage always comes up, as a thing you see with the other person. Kind of heartbreaking. However, I am so sorry, you really loved this girl and have been upset for the past month. Sometimes, you just need to get up and get over it. Who cares about her now? Not in the rude way, in the way like she is not your gf anymore so forget it. Move on. Let her find happiness, the way you both deserve. You will someone meant for you. She was not the one, and I would say you have been saved because a year or 2 later it would be much much worse and it ending now is a BLESSING.

That got way too long. Sorry, ahaha x
Reply 8
Original post by deadroseex
This was very cute to read. How very mature. (The ass and boobs thing by the way).
Anyways,

Rebounds are a lovely option. I have tried a few across the last few years of my life and it definitely works for the short term. By the end of the rebound situation you forget about the other person altogether. Keep it as an open option, because, it does not work for all and yes not morally correct either so keep it in mind though.

So pulling anyone and revenge are off the list. However, they are good on their own, I have tried both and they do not seem to end well. Very mature and honest. I like that. It makes the process quicker.

And everyone wants someone to watch Netflix with, to go on dates for no reason, to stare at the stars when it's 5 degrees, to kiss in the rain, cuddling all night, make out sessions, random acts of kindness. Got a bit carried away......chille............ if you really really want that, I recommend waiting it out. It is for the best and you receive all off the above. A true bargain.

When you are in a genuine relationship, marriage always comes up, as a thing you see with the other person. Kind of heartbreaking. However, I am so sorry, you really loved this girl and have been upset for the past month. Sometimes, you just need to get up and get over it. Who cares about her now? Not in the rude way, in the way like she is not your gf anymore so forget it. Move on. Let her find happiness, the way you both deserve. You will someone meant for you. She was not the one, and I would say you have been saved because a year or 2 later it would be much much worse and it ending now is a BLESSING.

That got way too long. Sorry, ahaha x

Wow dont apologise! What u said has really helped me, I am honestly feeling so much better from just reading that! I will move on, and if a girl comes along and I like her, I will see what happens :biggrin:
Never try too hard
The average is below 6 inches. And a vagina is only 4.5-5 inches deep. When I broke up with my ex, people told me I'd get over it and I just didn't believe them because I loved him way too much. I never wanted to be with anyone else. I wasn't over it for a while. A year after we broke up I got with a new boy and I still wasn't over my ex until a year into the relationship. I eventually saw my ex's flaws (he was abusive and I loved him anyway and then I realised I had to move on because he was nasty). With your ex girlfriend you have got to realise that she is not nice. The one for you will care and respect you. I know it took me two years to get FULLY over my ex but I was kind of 50% over it in about 6 or 7 months. At this point I was happy to move on and get a boyfriend, however I had toxic traits in the beginning of mine and my boyfriends relationship. I flirted with other guys and got annoyed at my boyfriend when he was sad when I should've been confronting him. I just wasn't a good girlfriend. I broke up with my boyfriend because it wasn't fair for him but we got back together and I stuck at the relationship even though I didn't think I loved him. (Because I still loved my ex more) eventually I became a great girlfriend and respect and care about my boyfriend and give him the love he deserves we've been together nearly two years now. This will happen to you, you'll find someone that loves you and respects you no matter what.
The average is below 6 inches. And a vagina is only 4.5-5 inches deep. When I broke up with my ex, people told me I'd get over it and I just didn't believe them because I loved him way too much. I never wanted to be with anyone else. I wasn't over it for a while. A year after we broke up I got with a new boy and I still wasn't over my ex until a year into the relationship. I eventually saw my ex's flaws (he was abusive and I loved him anyway and then I realised I had to move on because he was nasty). With your ex girlfriend you have got to realise that she is not nice. The one for you will care and respect you. I know it took me two years to get FULLY over my ex but I was kind of 50% over it in about 6 or 7 months. At this point I was happy to move on and get a boyfriend, however I had toxic traits in the beginning of mine and my boyfriends relationship. I flirted with other guys and got annoyed at my boyfriend when he was sad when I should've been confronting him. I just wasn't a good girlfriend. I broke up with my boyfriend because it wasn't fair for him but we got back together and I stuck at the relationship even though I didn't think I loved him. (Because I still loved my ex more) eventually I became a great girlfriend and respect and care about my boyfriend and give him the love he deserves we've been together nearly two years now. This will happen to you, you'll find someone that loves you and respects you no matter what.

Aw thank u so much for that. It's people like you who really give me faith in this, and make me feel so much happier! Do u mind me asking how old u were during all of that?
Original post by tinygirl96
Never try too hard

That's a very good point. If I end up trying too hard, that says a lot about the girl and she obvs doesn't respect me
Aw thank u so much for that. It's people like you who really give me faith in this, and make me feel so much happier! Do u mind me asking how old u were during all of that?

No problem mate. To be honest, thinking back to my ex makes me a little sad because there was a time where I loved him and it's crazy that I don't love him at all anymore. You have to learn that life is full of lots of short experiences, and those experiences don't last forever and my ex is now forever a memory. That helped me move on.

I was 14-15 when I was with my ex. Dated for 10 months. Got back together with him half a year later for two months, I was 15 still, and then I got with my current boyfriend a few days later when I was 15 and a half. Broke up with my current boyfriend and got with my ex one last time and then back with my current boyfriend. It's been 1 year and 9 months I've been with my current boyfriend (on and off for the first month). We had a bit of a rough patch at the beginning of the year. I had huge trust issues because my ex cheated on me tons of times. My boyfriend couldn't deal with it the way I wanted him to we were constantly arguing. Something that put a strain on the relationship was covid because we couldn't see each other. Because whenever we would argue, we would best make up by apologising and talking it out in person. He waited for me and didn't give up on me and it was very worth it when we finally saw each other again when the rules said you could finally meet up with your partner. Honestly during the whole relationship I had tons of doubts and would think about my ex a lot. You have to keep fighting and it's worth it in the end. I didn't realise I loved my ex until at least a few months to a year of being with him. I can't remember. It's the best way to get over your ex. Hope that makes sense and sorry for writing a ton! Btw I'm 17 now. My ex was two years older than me and so is my current boyfriend.
Oh and yeah it was great being with my ex but I have to accept it's over. And that's not a bad thing because it's also great being with my boyfriend and creating new memories. Being with my ex was one part of my life but being with my boyfriend is the next chapter and the best part!
No problem mate. To be honest, thinking back to my ex makes me a little sad because there was a time where I loved him and it's crazy that I don't love him at all anymore. You have to learn that life is full of lots of short experiences, and those experiences don't last forever and my ex is now forever a memory. That helped me move on.

I was 14-15 when I was with my ex. Dated for 10 months. Got back together with him half a year later for two months, I was 15 still, and then I got with my current boyfriend a few days later when I was 15 and a half. Broke up with my current boyfriend and got with my ex one last time and then back with my current boyfriend. It's been 1 year and 9 months I've been with my current boyfriend (on and off for the first month). We had a bit of a rough patch at the beginning of the year. I had huge trust issues because my ex cheated on me tons of times. My boyfriend couldn't deal with it the way I wanted him to we were constantly arguing. Something that put a strain on the relationship was covid because we couldn't see each other. Because whenever we would argue, we would best make up by apologising and talking it out in person. He waited for me and didn't give up on me and it was very worth it when we finally saw each other again when the rules said you could finally meet up with your partner. Honestly during the whole relationship I had tons of doubts and would think about my ex a lot. You have to keep fighting and it's worth it in the end. I didn't realise I loved my ex until at least a few months to a year of being with him. I can't remember. It's the best way to get over your ex. Hope that makes sense and sorry for writing a ton! Btw I'm 17 now. My ex was two years older than me and so is my current boyfriend.

Wow, seems like u have had quite the roller coaster with your ex and current bf! But I'm so happy that u are happy with him now. That really does give me comfort and makes me want to move on even more. I just gotta accept that that relationship was just one chapter of my life, but there is another girl out there for me. Thank u so much :smile:
#bump#
**The Breakup**

In around the 8/9 month, we started to argue and got toxic to each other. And soon after we concluded that it was due to lack of communication.

Damn, sucks man. Had a similar situation about 2 months ago. Met my Ex online back in Jan, we got to meet up and do some stuff 😏 up until the first lockdown. Made things work through that, got a bit more time together, then one day we ended up arguing. She ended it because she claimed to feel trapped because I'd get upset if she didn't want any affection. Sounds silly, I know, but hear me out. She didn't give me much affection, so when she didn't want any, naturally, that made me feel unwanted.

I had mentioned the problem of affection several times to her, things didn't change. She didn't say anything about how she felt until after we broke up and not once asked why I'd get upset. (Sounds worse than it is, she just sort of blamed herself rather than asking)

After that, she decided to break up with me whereas I wanted to try and make things work by communicating more.

Much the same here, I feel your pain. I wanted to try and work on things. She didn't. All I can say to you is the very conclusion I had to face. She simply didn't love you enough to try again. It's best to just give it some time and try not to think about her. Enjoy life, do things you enjoy to distract your mind and realise that there's nothing wrong with being single.

My main problem is that she blamed me fully for the breakup, when in reality she also hurt me and pressured me during the relationship.

I'm not 100% sure what my ex thinks. She never really seemed to hint it had anything to do with her, but I'm not going to make that judgement based on omission. All I can say is that in an argument that leads to a split, there's usually fault on both sides for it to escalate that far. Depends on the subject of argument of course, but I'm not talking about regular arguments, not ones that might stem from things you shouldn't really be doing if you're committing to one person.

She may have potentially exaggerated what went on? That's about all I can say without straight up jumping to conclusions.

I was much the same with my ex. I saw no reason why we couldn't at least heal the wounds and try again, but she never wanted to. Hell, I've been over her for a bit now, had time to look back at everything with a clear mind and still can't see why we couldn't have. But that's her choice. Just look at it as a blessing in disguise I suppose, there's plenty more people out there and there's probably someone who'll be a better fit in your life.

How soon after? Maybe that was why she didn't want to try again? Maybe she had him in her sights at the time?

Good on you. That's the best thing you can do. Don't put yourself down, just look at it as their loss. They couldn't appreciate you and work through the bad times with you thus they weren't a perfect fit for your life.

Was the whole penis thing before or after you were trying to get her back? Cause honestly, if it were before I wouldn't have bothered at all.
Also, I promise you I loved my ex literally so much. If you ever doubt that you'll get over her, I promise you will and I promise even though you feel like you love her more than anyone can possibly love, I promise I loved my ex probably as much as you love yours even if you don't think so, so it's definitely possible to move on. I don't wanna compare your love for her with mine for my ex but I did love my ex more than anything at the time. When someone loves you for you in the future it feels amazing. It feels different but amazing. It feels like a best friend but more in a good way. Like it feels like your other half and makes you feel like you aren't alone. The excitement does die down a little but the excitement turns into a feeling of security and you feel cared for. But sadly the excitement does go away a bit but after it does your love just gets stronger and it's amazing. I don't agree with cheating and I couldn't imagine cheating on my bf because I truly love him but I guess people sometimes cheat to get excitement back into their life but it would never be worth it because the feeling of security and love is way better and stronger than a temporary moment of excitement with someone you don't love or are only infatuated with, stemming from feelings for others while being in a relationship. Where your mind plays tricks on you and tries to tempt you to like someone when you completely do not. Idk if that makes sense aha
Original post by TheMcSame
Was the whole penis thing before or after you were trying to get her back? Cause honestly, if it were before I wouldn't have bothered at all.

Wow, thank you so much for that huge reply! Just read it this morning, and I am feeling so much better. It is currently the mornings which are the hardest to get through, but during the day I do my best to distract myself. Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this.

I had the exact same thing with my ex - where she didn't seem to want to give as much affection. When we met, I was the one always kissing her neck and initiating the kisses. Not once did she kiss me, on the cheek or neck... I was always the one who started them. Which obvs made me feel a bjt unwanted and I did bring it up. I now know though that girls like a self assured and confident man, so in the future I would probably go round that a different way, instead of saying I feel unwanted.

That is honestly the best way I can see it: She didn't love me enough to work through the tough times. That really sums it up in a sentence, thank you so much for that. I can just say that from now on, if someone asks why we broke up I suppose.

We has a series of arguments in the last month which lead to the split, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with time. She always had the idea of a "perfect relationship" - where we never argued and always got along. A "perfect relationship" where I would protect her and take her to loads of places. She wanted very specific things from me, and I strongly believe it is because she saw them in films and wanted to have it in real life. Because so much she wanted me to do, like to teach her to skateboard (don't even know how to), was from a romantic film. At the end of the day, she was just a bit unrealistic with what she wanted. She wanted what they had in romance films which is just unrealistic.

She had him round at her house a week after the breakup. (I never went round to her house because her mum wanted to meet me first, but this guy who was her best friend's friend, was allowed to), and she posted pictures of her cuddling him, calling him "bae" and "baby" - a week after breaking up. Honestly think it was a rebound thing, but she is dating him now.

And as you said, it is her loss. She couldn't appreciate me and didn't love me enough to get through this, so her loss. I am the prize, not her.

Whole penis thing started when her 13 year old cousin showed my ex a couple of pics of her mates penises (they're from a bit of a rough area, I suppose sending pics of their penises are normal in that area), but apparently they were both 8 inches long. So when I told her mine (which were actually still far above UK average), she thought it was small. Then never talked about it, until that last word which she said to me, where she said "go away with your small ****", which just shows how immature she really is I suppose.

I have found comfort in thinking that I can do better. I can do better than a girl who didn't appreciate me. I can do better than a girl who didn't love me enough to push through the hard times. It is her loss, as I am the prize. And I will find a beautiful, smart girl very soon.

...may I ask how old you are?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending