Part time masters and full working time

Watch
Ivonka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
HelloI am thinking of applying for a full-time job as a job coach for a local jobcentre, but also I've started my masters in September, weekly sessions are Monday 6-9 pm and Thursday 3-6 pm. The sessions are recorded, however, I am worrying if it won't be too much on me. I am a single mother of 11 years old too. The deadline for a job application is 5 days. What do you think?
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ivonka)
HelloI am thinking of applying for a full-time job as a job coach for a local jobcentre, but also I've started my masters in September, weekly sessions are Monday 6-9 pm and Thursday 3-6 pm. The sessions are recorded, however, I am worrying if it won't be too much on me. I am a single mother of 11 years old too. The deadline for a job application is 5 days. What do you think?
So you have 6 hrs a week on your masters? Think about your current schedule, imagine what that would be like full time, and think if you could find 6-8 hours "free time" to watch these recordings, make notes etc. It is doable, but will be made more difficult by you being a single mother etc, and I'm not sure what other responsibilities you might have (e.g. caring for other dependables).

What would your working hours be like at the job centre? Is there any chance they could help support you in your pursuit of this degree with more flexible hours etc?
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ivonka)
Your course probably have a recommended hours of study per week, try figuring out how many hours you've left after taking into account study time, childcare, commuting etc. and you'll see if full time work is feasible or not. Can you not get a part time position? It might worth asking at the interview.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise