gelikanu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I decided to make a thread for people applying to Chemistry at Oxford in 2021. I do Maths, Chemistry, Latin and German and I am predicted A*A*A*A respectively. I applied to Queens College. My GCSE grades are nine 9s and two 8s and I also applied to Kings, Bath, Warwick and UCL. Feel free to share a bit about yourselves or have conversations
teresahamillmcg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! I do Chem, Bio and Maths and did RE to AS.
I got 6 9s 3 8s and a 7 and 4 A's at AS and I'm predicted A*A*A*/A .
I've applied to Exeter College, along with Durham, Bristol, Manchester and York.
Good luck everyone 😁
lizzie03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hi!! i’m lizzie and i take a level chemistry, maths and english lit. and i’m predicted 3A* - i applied to lincoln college mainly because i like the ivy lol! for gcse i got seven 9s, two 8s and one 7. i also applied to durham, bristol, york and bath, and i currently already have offers from bristol and york!
nice to meet you all
17chloe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by gelikanu)
Hi, I decided to make a thread for people applying to Chemistry at Oxford in 2021. I do Maths, Chemistry, Latin and German and I am predicted A*A*A*A respectively. I applied to Queens College. My GCSE grades are nine 9s and two 8s and I also applied to Kings, Bath, Warwick and UCL. Feel free to share a bit about yourselves or have conversations
hi! i do chem, maths, further maths and bio and i am predicted A*A*AA respectively. i applied to magdalen (pls pm me if whoever is reading this is applying to magdalen too!!!) i got 99998888777 at gcse and i also applied to ucl, kings, imperial (offer) and uob.
Jdyebdrirken
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m applying to lmh. I got 5 9s and 4 8s. I also applied to ucl, Warwick, York and Bristol. Do u have tiktok or am I just imagining it?
gelikanu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jdyebdrirken)
I’m applying to lmh. I got 5 9s and 4 8s. I also applied to ucl, Warwick, York and Bristol. Do u have tiktok or am I just imagining it?
yes i do 😭😭😭
Jdyebdrirken
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
yes i do 😭😭😭
You’re so funny!!!
Student01234
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello everyone!!! This is exactly the sort of thread I’ve been waiting for! It’s lovely to know I’m not alone in my application journey!!

I have applied to Keble, I am studying Chemistry, Biology and Maths and am predicted A*A*A* and A* in epq. And I got 2 9s 7 8s and a B (further maths) at GCSEs.

How is everyone feeling? I’m hoping invites for interview will come out next week but we will have to wait and see!!

It’s lovely to meet you all
Jdyebdrirken
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How’s everyone prepping for interview?
anxioustudent2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hi! ive applied to LMH, I do biology chemistry and maths a level, and i did french in year 12, im predicted a*a*a*, and at gcse i got 4 9s, 5A*s and A^ in further maths. Ive also applied to imperial, ucl, york and nottingham. nice to meet you all
anxioustudent2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 17chloe)
hi! i do chem, maths, further maths and bio and i am predicted A*A*AA respectively. i applied to magdalen (pls pm me if whoever is reading this is applying to magdalen too!!!) i got 99998888777 at gcse and i also applied to ucl, kings, imperial (offer) and uob.
hi! did you do an interview for imperial? if so what was it like? bc i have one next week 😬
saha123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 17chloe)
Hi, just wanted to ask what your offer for Imperial is? Well done btw. Mine is A* AA.
gelikanu
Rep:
?
How’s everyone prepping for interview?
i’m going over the chemistry specification and basic concepts - electron transfer, trends etc.
17chloe
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by saha123)
Hi, just wanted to ask what your offer for Imperial is? Well done btw. Mine is A* AA.
congrats on ur offer! mine is AAA
17chloe
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anxioustudent2)
hi! did you do an interview for imperial? if so what was it like? bc i have one next week 😬
yes!! ahaha i thought mine went terribly and i cried afterwards but i got an offer somehow lol - you’ll be okay! just make sure you know your ps and brush up on AS knowledge and you’ll be fine good luck <3
Jdyebdrirken
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Has anyone read why do chemical reactions happen.
Neha5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Wait you’re the tiktoker that does POVs that hit too close to home😂😭
lizzie03
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Has anyone read why do chemical reactions happen.
yes, I actually mentioned chapter 2 in my personal statement! how did you find it?
Jdyebdrirken
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lizzie03)
yes, I actually mentioned chapter 2 in my personal statement! how did you find it?
Oh I actually didn’t read it. I was wondering if you think it’s good/ do you think it’s worth a read. What did you enjoy about it
lizzie03
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh I actually didn’t read it. I was wondering if you think it’s good/ do you think it’s worth a read. What did you enjoy about it
ohhh right! I would say if you have time it's worth having a look at because a lot of it is relevant to the A-level syllabus but extends it (that being said, there are also some pretty random bits as well!). I really enjoyed the thermodynamics chapter about Gibbs energy, but there were also some about nucleophilic substitution etc. which were quite good! some bits are quite tricky though lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (21)
28%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.33%
No I am happy with my choice (43)
57.33%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed