Milicat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

I am non EU spouse of British national. My visa status is Spouse - leave to remain.
I have been in the UK for 3 years and 8 months. I want to apply for a course that starts next September, and then I will be in the UK for 4 years and 6 months. I only want tuition free loan. Am I eligible at all?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Milicat)
Hi,

I am non EU spouse of British national. My visa status is Spouse - leave to remain.
I have been in the UK for 3 years and 8 months. I want to apply for a course that starts next September, and then I will be in the UK for 4 years and 6 months. I only want tuition free loan. Am I eligible at all?
Hi there, our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

Thanks, Isaac
Milicat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
regarding eligibility for new EU students
Thank you Isaac, but this doesn't answer my question. I am NON EU.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Milicat)
Thank you Isaac, but this doesn't answer my question. I am NON EU.
Yes you are non EU but you would only be entitled to apply as a family member of an EU National to receive EU funding. However as EU funding is not going to exist next year, we do not know the new regulations.

You will need to be eligible to apply for home student funding but we don't currently know how this affects family members of EU/UK Nationals.
I advise you to contact us again early next year and we will be able to advise on your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Shima900
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have already started my course in September, now applied for EU funding only tuition fees. My husband is british and I have been living in the UK for 5 years now ,I obtained my settled status in November this year. I spoke to somebody on the phone prior to applying I was told that I won't be eligible as my British husband does not count as an EU national.However, I applied and now waiting for response. Could you explain if I am eligible or not.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shima900)
I have already started my course in September, now applied for EU funding only tuition fees. My husband is british and I have been living in the UK for 5 years now ,I obtained my settled status in November this year. I spoke to somebody on the phone prior to applying I was told that I won't be eligible as my British husband does not count as an EU national.However, I applied and now waiting for response. Could you explain if I am eligible or not.
With leave to remain status you are not eligible for home student funding.

You are only eligible for EU funding based on being a family member of an EU/UK National currently but this will change next year.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads