Will University be back to normal september 2021?

Watch
tomhughhes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
A question that i’m sure goes round a lot of people’s minds...will Uni be normal for students applying for 2021?

What do u guys think
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
define normal first
tomhughhes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
going to lectures but like actually physically being there not sat in a room on zoom...no 10pm curfews so i can go out and make friends & enjoy my Uni life...that sorta normal stuff
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tomhughhes)
A question that i’m sure goes round a lot of people’s minds...will Uni be normal for students applying for 2021?

What do u guys think
I think as long as the vaccines work and have been or will be distributed before or shortly after September available to uni students I think it'll definitely be a bit more normal you might still have to wear a mask for bit but it'll for sure be better.
tomhughhes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank u for ur reply !!! fingers ****in crossed
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
While this is important to some degree, people have still been able to make friends and enjoy university life with these restrictions in place. Don't worry about it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I doubt lectures will ever go back to in person tbh. Recording lectures, adding subtitles/transcripts and sharing online for students to watch in their own time has been the direction of travel in universities for decades. This has just given the culture and technology a kick to bring them up to speed and allow flipped classroom type teaching to be rolled out.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I had to put my money on it.. no.

I mean, generally looking at the country, it seems like the best case scenario is that starting early next year (or at best this december) a slow phasing out of vaccines will happen. Presuming they are reasonably effective, that should be coupled with a slow easing back into normality. and by the end of next summer? I'd have thought things would be mostly back to normal, but not entirely so.

So basically, my bet is that things will be like the universities thought they were going to be this year before the second wave came blended learning, still some social distancing etc. And then hopefully by the winter and spring 2022, things can be fully back to normal.

(Although PQ is very correct that some things will never go back, and there will always be more use of recording/technology/digital meetings/working from home etc, than there was before).
tomhughhes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
alright thanks for ur responses!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (59)
17.3%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (95)
27.86%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (131)
38.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (45)
13.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.23%

Watched Threads