oneirics
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Not asking for someone to write an essay but I’m truly SO lost. The question is “Evaluate the view that a new consensus is emerging in British politics”.

Doubt it’s relevant but my exam board is Edexcel. Can anyone point me towards any arguments, articles or links to anything that can help me for this question?

Also, quick rant you don’t have to read but: honestly, I have no idea aside from the post-war consensus! I’m in Year 12 and, honestly, politics is my worst subject and it’s only been one term. I wish I changed it while I could have but I genuinely thought that it would be easier- which it now is (kind of)- but it’s just these 30 mark essay questions our teacher gives us that is tearing me apart every 2 weeks... We never cover the topic in class or even get a brief explanation and it’s been giving me so much anxiety, hopelessness and sadness. I don’t know how I’m going to be answering these essays by Year 13. Honestly, I’m doing fine in my other two subjects but politics makes me want to drop out, it’s actually killing me. Also, our teacher is new to teaching as well, it’s his first year and I hate having to ask him for help since I just never understand anything he says... Sometimes I just wonder if A-levels are really right for me.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Do you have any notes?
l3078
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That is a very weird question! I don't even know which area of the course to link that to?! Was it set by your teacher or by the exam board?
oneirics
Rep:
?
(Original post by l3078)
That is a very weird question! I don't even know which area of the course to link that to?! Was it set by your teacher or by the exam board?
By the teacher!

I knew it was weird! I didn’t want to question it since it’s a-levels so I assumed it was one of those “jump” things everyone else was talking about... To me, the kind of questions he gives us feel like essays that are meant for uni’s or, I don’t know, EPQ, personal blog sort of things. Can I mention some of the set essay questions he has planned for us to you? Just to get some peace of mind knowing that if these questions are all weird I’m not going a complete idiot and that it’s okay for me to struggle. I have the list of essay questions he has planned to give us throughout the year and they all seem fairly above and separated from what our exam board covers...

Honestly, I’m just thinking of reinterpreting the question as a question of evaluation of the post-war consensus and brushing it off when the he marks it and tells me I missed the point. So confused. Thanks for replying, I needed someone to feel the same way.
oneirics
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Do you have any notes?
Literally nothing except some very concise notes on the post-war consensus..
l3078
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by oneirics)
By the teacher!

I knew it was weird! I didn’t want to question it since it’s a-levels so I assumed it was one of those “jump” things everyone else was talking about... To me, the kind of questions he gives us feel like essays that are meant for uni’s or, I don’t know, EPQ, personal blog sort of things. Can I mention some of the set essay questions he has planned for us to you? Just to get some peace of mind knowing that if these questions are all weird I’m not going a complete idiot and that it’s okay for me to struggle. I have the list of essay questions he has planned to give us throughout the year and they all seem fairly above and separated from what our exam board covers...

Honestly, I’m just thinking of reinterpreting the question as a question of evaluation of the post-war consensus and brushing it off when the he marks it and tells me I missed the point. So confused. Thanks for replying, I needed someone to feel the same way.
Yeah send over the questions and I'll see if they resemble the actual A Level Politics exams!
oneirics
Rep:
?
(Original post by l3078)
Yeah send over the questions and I'll see if they resemble the actual A Level Politics exams!
Teacher locked the online file and I can’t get the planned questions anymore. Guess I was not supposed to find those questions.. should have copied them down! Sorry.

If our next essay task is also strange would it be alright to double check with you?

Our teacher just got told to isolate for two weeks so, luckily, I won’t have to complete this essay for sometime but it will be a while until the next question.
l3078
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by oneirics)
Teacher locked the online file and I can’t get the planned questions anymore. Guess I was not supposed to find those questions.. should have copied them down! Sorry.

If our next essay task is also strange would it be alright to double check with you?

Our teacher just got told to isolate for two weeks so, luckily, I won’t have to complete this essay for sometime but it will be a while until the next question.
Sure!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (187)
75.4%
No (61)
24.6%

Watched Threads