Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just thought I'd let you guys know my brothers finally got into hospital...

only we're not sure if it's to check if the chemo has done any more damage to his teeth, or for the transplant. The hospital weren't very clear about it...

but yeah. good news from me for once!

ReputationRep:
    Let us thank Jesus and his merry chums.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read anything about this.. Why's your brother poorly?

Has it been a struggle getting him a place in hospital?

Best wishes for him and yourself for the new year...

Dreama xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)
    I haven't read anything about this.. Why's your brother poorly?

Has it been a struggle getting him a place in hospital?

Best wishes for him and yourself for the new year...

Dreama xxx
    He's got a form of cancer, that needs a bone marrow transpplant. He was supposed to be admitted 1st december, then they promised the 14th, then they said they were still over booked.

thanks dreama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shootingstar)
    He's got a form of cancer, that needs a bone marrow transpplant. He was supposed to be admitted 1st december, then they promised the 14th, then they said they were still over booked.

thanks dreama.
    Omg I'm so sorry, how old is your brother?

I hear such terrible stories about Hospital waiting lists; a neighbour of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer and the wait is agonising, physically and mentally, for her.

I'm pleased he's finally been successful in being admitted to Hospital. Did you have to find a donor? Hope that went smoothly too.

Stay strong, and good luck to you both

ReputationRep:

I hear such terrible stories about Hospital waiting lists; a neighbour of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer and the wait is agonising, physically and mentally, for her.

I'm pleased he's finally been successful in being admitted to Hospital. Did you have to find a donor? Hope that went smoothly too.

thanks dreama.

they found a way they could take bone marrow from another part of his body and use that...

anyway. Yeah, he's 33. anyway. They're putting him through 4 days of chemo and then he has the transplant on the 4th... at last... only a month later than they planned... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    33 is far too young to get cancer . I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and your family. Is their a chance of a full recovery?

ReputationRep:

I think it depends where you live, my grandad had to wait three weeks for his major cancer operation to remove his bowels, he is 78 so I wouldn't imagine he would have had priority either. He is still in hospital due to some minor complications he needs more surgery but I in my grandads case I can't fault the NHS service.

I had to wait two months for my hernia operation but it was classed as urgent due to size of it otherwise I would have to wait 6-12 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    33 is far too young to get cancer . I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and your family. Is their a chance of a full recovery?
    it is hard, but he's learnt to live with it. We have to as well.

Unfortunately there's no chance of a full recovery. We don't know for definite how long he has left. Unfortunately, he spent most of 2004 uncertain about whether he wanted treatment after a otorbike accident... his new years resolution for 2005: make up his goddammed mind! bless!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.