Views: 5
Size:  57.1 KB
Last edited by Laboromniavincit; 1 month ago
14hasm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Facilitated diffusion is the process of spontaneous passive transport of molecules or ions across the plasma membrane via specific transmembrane integral proteins. So in regards to the question:

B is not correct because calcium atoms have no charge, therefore movement of the vitamin cannot take place (same as D)
A and D are not correct because vitamin A is fat-soluble so it can already be transported readily across the phospholipid membrane.

Therefore, the answer is C because vitamin C is not fat-soluble so it needs a transmembrane protein to allow itself to be transported across the membrane.

Hope this helps
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 14hasm)
Facilitated diffusion is the process of spontaneous passive transport of molecules or ions across the plasma membrane via specific transmembrane integral proteins. So in regards to the question:

B is not correct because calcium atoms have no charge, therefore movement of the vitamin cannot take place (same as D)
A and D are not correct because vitamin A is fat-soluble so it can already be transported readily across the phospholipid membrane.

Therefore, the answer is C because vitamin C is not fat-soluble so it needs a transmembrane protein to allow itself to be transported across the membrane.

Hope this helps
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (64)
41.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.6%

Watched Threads