Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am applying for Economics. My fixed choices are LSE, Warwick, Bristol and Qmul. However, I don't like UCL as their entry standard is too high so what would be a replacement choice. I want a high ranked and reputed uni.
Levi.-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Zunaid Rafique)
I am applying for Economics. My fixed choices are LSE, Warwick, Bristol and Qmul. However, I don't like UCL as their entry standard is too high so what would be a replacement choice. I want a high ranked and reputed uni.
leeds/notts?
Legiterspams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Levi.-)
leeds/notts?
Would you also suggest KCL?
Levi.-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Would you also suggest KCL?
yeah, durham too if they offer it
AksSin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you referring to entry requirements? If you are then the entry requirements for Warwick, LSE and UCL are the same for econ so you may want to reconsider them unless you aren't doing straight econ.
Elise_adventures
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you considering as too high. UCL as for A*AA with an A in maths which is pretty standard for the unis you have listed. If you wanted a highly ranked and reputed uni surely oxbridge would have to feature? Also if you want the best uni you will be facing the highest entry requirements? You have left out Durham and St. Andrew as well, which rank higher than Bristol and Qmul.
Legiterspams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AksSin)
Are you referring to entry requirements? If you are then the entry requirements for Warwick, LSE and UCL are the same for econ so you may want to reconsider them unless you aren't doing straight econ.
So my thing is if I study, I will do at the best of best unis and if I dont get accepted, I will not study... i am international student and currently doing the uni of london international programme so if i dont get accepted by these unis, theres no negatives for me.
Legiterspams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Elise_adventures)
What are you considering as too high. UCL as for A*AA with an A in maths which is pretty standard for the unis you have listed. If you wanted a highly ranked and reputed uni surely oxbridge would have to feature? Also if you want the best uni you will be facing the highest entry requirements? You have left out Durham and St. Andrew as well, which rank higher than Bristol and Qmul.
Thanks for the opinion. It seems I have removed Qmul from my choices and entered only LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol. I like bristol because of many personal factors so yeah.... and i dont wanna go up north and freeze and for durham i dont know why i have a gut feeling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.37%
I don't have everything I need (73)
37.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise