The Student Room Group

I feel guilty having a boyfriend as I am a muslim

I am 21 and for past 4 years I have a boyfriend..... Before a year we even had physical relation.... But now I feel guilty as I am a muslim... What shall I do now
I think you need to remember that you are going to get advice from people who are not Muslim as well.

You need to recognise and ask yourself why you want to be in this particular relationship. Is there really a proper halal future for you two togethe ror not? Ask yourself the hard questions you don't really want to.
Will you both be right for each other, help each other to grow in your religion and life in general too?

Are you ready to make this halal right now or not? Is he? If not, then why not?

Edited, because you will get answers saying do what you want, and others saying make it halal, but I think you should question yourself. You osting this here means you don't think it can be halal anytime soon, you are not surr of the future, and you know you are sinning.
(edited 3 years ago)
it’s obvious you realise you are committing sins so i suggest praying to Allah for forgiveness, He is the all forgiving so you should repent your sins as much as possible. If you see a future with your bf make it halal as soon as possible by getting married but if not then part ways
If you leave something for the sake of Allah, He will replace it with something better insha'Allah.

Make it halal asap by getting married
Don't feel guilty about choosing to be in a happy and consensual relationship. :smile:
You have the right to choose your own private life, friends, religious beliefs and whether you want to get married.

My family tree includes centuries of family traditions that I have no desire to continue.
Sexual abstinence until marriage, religious endogomy, cousin marriages and arranged marriage.
I don't feel guilt, shame or any sense of being inferior to those people who made a different choice to mine.
Good luck!
Hi, I'm also a muslim and if you've been with him for 4 years maybe it's time to start thinking about marriage if u don't wanna leave him. Ask him what he thinks and inshallah you'll make the right choice. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
it’s obvious you realise you are committing sins so i suggest praying to Allah for forgiveness, He is the all forgiving so you should repent your sins as much as possible. If you see a future with your bf make it halal as soon as possible by getting married but if not then part ways

Don't listen to those morons saying you are committing sins. Unfortunately, we are still slaves of our culture. If you feel right being with this person than nothing else should matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending