Clauxery373277
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I'd like to know which is better to go for between doing the IMB ourse at UCL and the Business Management one at Kings College.

Factors to compare:
- Post-graduate job opportunities
- Post-graduate Universities to study Business after getting a degree in either of them
- Social Life (which is better for making a lot of friends at Uni)
- Which just looks better on your CV in general.

The grades I would need for each are
IMB AT UCL: ABB
Business Management at Kings: AAB

But yeah please let me know which is better to do for Businessin. I'm interested in both but I just don't know which should be my no.1 choice.
Habib.London
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank god someone had the same enquiry, you wouldn't happen to be studying access to business would you?
I can get an accomodation grant at both universities with the Unite foundation. Are you looking to break into investment banking?

UCL has a better reputation than kings, but the Information Management for Business course at UCL is IT related and I'm not sure if that will land me a Front Office role like a Management degree at Kings.

I'd have LOVED to apply to managerial science at UCL but they don't accept Access course applicants

Do you think an Investment Bank will overlook me going to KCL over LSE/UCL because I couldn't refuse the Ensuit at UNITE worth £330/week or £17,000pa as a care experienced student?

I'm still doing my access course, fingers crossed I can get into a management course at Kings.

(I can have the same scholarship at UCL).

Trapz99 gr8wizard10
Last edited by Habib.London; 7 months ago
Habib.London
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Habib.London)
Thank god someone had the same enquiry, you wouldn't happen to be studying access to business would you?
I can get an accomodation grant at both universities with the Unite foundation. Are you looking to break into investment banking?

UCL has a better reputation than kings, but the Information Management for Business course at UCL is IT related and I'm not sure if that will land me a Front Office role like a Management degree at Kings.

I'd have LOVED to apply to managerial science at UCL but they don't accept Access course applicants

Do you think an Investment Bank will overlook me going to KCL over LSE/UCL because I couldn't refuse the Ensuit at UNITE worth £330/week or £17,000pa as a care experienced student?

I'm still doing my access course, fingers crossed I can get into a management course at Kings.

Trapz99 gr8wizard10
Bump
Clauxery373277
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Habib.London)

Trapz99 gr8wizard10
From the research I've done it looks like the best degree would be to go to Warwick Business School. So I'm probably just gonna aim for them rn. I would've prioritised UCL as my no.1 choice if they had a proper Management course instead of the information management for business course they have. So yeah now I just dont know what my no.2 should be out of KCL and UCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads