Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

I am applying to study Biological studies at NTU for 2021 and have a few questions about uni halls.

I am planning on staying in the city accommodations as I am a big fan of the city and want the full Nottingham experience. I have looked everywhere for good reviews and experiences of the different halls but can not find any decent ones. Currently, I am hoping to get into Sandby there is hardly anything online about this accommodation.

What accommodation is the most sociable and has the best party/nightlife along with it?

What is it like commuting to the Clifton campus?

Whats the city like?

Can you tell me about the different halls?

cheers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

I plan on applying for sandby 2021 too. They have refurbished their kitchens and haven't put it on their website. I can send you them if you haven't seen them yet? (a girl sent them to me on tiktok) lol
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 326888)
Hey,

I plan on applying for sandby 2021 too. They have refurbished their kitchens and haven't put it on their website. I can send you them if you haven't seen them yet? (a girl sent them to me on tiktok) lol
Oh really? I have not seen that yet, my Instagram is niklas.cb1 would be good if you could send them
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh really? I have not seen that yet, my Instagram is niklas.cb1 would be good if you could send them
Done!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I am applying to study Biological studies at NTU for 2021 and have a few questions about uni halls.

I am planning on staying in the city accommodations as I am a big fan of the city and want the full Nottingham experience. I have looked everywhere for good reviews and experiences of the different halls but can not find any decent ones. Currently, I am hoping to get into Sandby there is hardly anything online about this accommodation.

What accommodation is the most sociable and has the best party/nightlife along with it?

What is it like commuting to the Clifton campus?

Whats the city like?

Can you tell me about the different halls?

cheers
Honestly, don't rule out going to one of the outerlying halls - especially Maltings or Meridian. You'll likely save money that way. The commute to Clifton is fine and pretty quick and the busses are very regular, but if you live at Maltings or Meridian Court you get a free bus pass which will save you absolutely loads. They're also cheaper too. They also have common rooms, which the city ones don't have, and with corona and everything there's no real benefit to the city centre halls at the moment because you can't all mingle anyway and we don't know what that will change.

I will say, though, that the outerlying halls always have the best sense of community between the residents and they all get to know each other more. The city centre ones are too close to everything else so no one spends time in the halls getting to know other people, which isn't so much the case for the off-campus ones
Esmestott
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I think I’ll be applying to Sandby 2021 aswell, would you be able to send me these photos too? My instagrams esmestott
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (70)
18.09%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (112)
28.94%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (145)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.4%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed