The Student Room Group

Female friend is jealous I'm talking to another girl?

What should I do? I'm a guy
You mean she's jealous you have another female friend or she's jealous your interested in dating another female?
She fancies you.
Reply 3
She (potentially) likes you.
How close were you before this other girl came along? If it had always been you and her she may feel pushed out. Or alternatively, she fancies you and feels a bit territorial.

If you like your friend in a relationship sense perhaps talk to her about it. Even if you don't still talk to her tell her you want to be friends and set some clear boundaries. If she won't respect those boundaries then maybe keep her at arm's length for a bit. Having someone getting jealous over another person is rarely something you want in your life as it's just draining, at Uni I imagine it would just be stressful.

Be honest and be open, don't go out to hurt her feelings but don't go guns blazing about it either.
Reply 5
Original post by Theloveofbooks
How close were you before this other girl came along? If it had always been you and her she may feel pushed out. Or alternatively, she fancies you and feels a bit territorial.

If you like your friend in a relationship sense perhaps talk to her about it. Even if you don't still talk to her tell her you want to be friends and set some clear boundaries. If she won't respect those boundaries then maybe keep her at arm's length for a bit. Having someone getting jealous over another person is rarely something you want in your life as it's just draining, at Uni I imagine it would just be stressful.

Be honest and be open, don't go out to hurt her feelings but don't go guns blazing about it either.

Yeah, I work with my friend on most uni projects - so we're pretty close. However I don't see her romantically or anything.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I work with my friend on most uni projects - so we're pretty close. However I don't see her romantically or anything.

Ah well speaking from a woman's perspective, do speak to her and discuss how uncomfortable it's making you.
she probably doesn't want u to ditch her for the new girl and wants to be the only girl u talk to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending