The Student Room Group

HELP!?!?!?!?

I am currently doing health and social level 3 diploma.. to go uni i needed a extended diploma but couldn't do it.. now i have option of access course to get to UNI or foundation degree. however i can't find many uni's who do foundation degree in occupational therapy.. any advice or extra info is appreicated...
Original post by student19673
I am currently doing health and social level 3 diploma.. to go uni i needed a extended diploma but couldn't do it.. now i have option of access course to get to UNI or foundation degree. however i can't find many uni's who do foundation degree in occupational therapy.. any advice or extra info is appreicated...

The diploma is likely to be equivalent to 2 A levels and you need 3.
I suggest you contact admissions and find out what extra they will accept to add to your qualifications so you meet the entray requirements or just look at youir traget unis and its probably obvious. It might be just another A level although of they require science, then they can be can be problematic.
You could also contact Pearson and ask if theres anyway of transferring credits so you cna do the jump from diploma to extended diploma somehwere else? That would eb the least academically chal;lenging/ easiest route. I am assuming they would accept an extended diploma.

If none of those work then you might as well applu for both and see what you get. I normally advise against foundation years (am assuming its a foundation year and not degree) as they use up importnat student finance, that said physio can be hard to get onto, so if you are on Physio with FY as long as your grades are good enough you cna proceed to the main degree.
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Physiotherapy%20with%20Foundation%20Year&destination=Undergraduate&distanceFromPostcode=25&studyYear=2021&sort=MostRelevant

If that doesnt work then do the access course that meets entry requirements.
thanks that was very helpful and informative:smile:i wish i could get myself onto diploma but it's not working. i wanted to work for a bit and then go back to uni because i did want a career and not just a job but my tutor advised me that it's better if i start now idk
Reply 3
Original post by student19673

HIya,

Check with a local college to see if they do an access to health science (or something that is health related). I’m doing an access to health science course at the moment ready to hopefully go on to university next year and it’s worth 60 credits which is enough to get you to university as long as you complete the course work. A lot of the access courses have already started now but some do February intakes (depending which area you live in).

If you can’t find a university with a foundation year do the access...if it didn’t make sense I’m sorry :smile: but I hope it helps a little bit
Original post by Nanessyx
HIya,

Check with a local college to see if they do an access to health science (or something that is health related). I’m doing an access to health science course at the moment ready to hopefully go on to university next year and it’s worth 60 credits which is enough to get you to university as long as you complete the course work. A lot of the access courses have already started now but some do February intakes (depending which area you live in).

If you can’t find a university with a foundation year do the access...if it didn’t make sense I’m sorry :smile: but I hope it helps a little bit

yes it made sense access course is an option already i'm going next year so i dont need to think about my access course my teacher said i can join the college i'm currently at. if you dont mind me asking what are you doing in uni x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending