23, no GCSEs or qualifications, advice?

Watch
Gung Ho Bro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I'll keep it short, due to circumstances I'm in a situation where I have no GCSE or other qualifications, what are my options to obtain at least the most basic qualifications?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Take GCSE’s, get English language, maths

Then any other of your choice
Mikos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have a look at local further education centres nearby you (e.g. a local college) and find one that admits people of your age (there are plenty).
There are a range of qualifications, such as BTECs or GCSEs (I wouldn't recommend doing A-levels if you haven't done GCSEs, and in many cases you won't be allowed to).
Don't go overkill if you do GCSEs. For someone who has spent a long time out of education, I wouldn't recommend doing more than 8 GCSEs. Indeed, you'll only really need English, maths, and having a couple others.
Mikos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have a look at local further education centres nearby you (e.g. a local college) and find one that admits people of your age (there are plenty).
There are a range of qualifications, such as BTECs or GCSEs (I wouldn't recommend doing A-levels if you haven't done GCSEs, and in many cases you won't be allowed to).
Don't go overkill if you do GCSEs. For someone who has spent a long time out of education, I wouldn't recommend doing more than 8 GCSEs. Indeed, you'll only really need English, maths, and having a couple others won't hurt.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Gung Ho Bro)
So I'll keep it short, due to circumstances I'm in a situation where I have no GCSE or other qualifications, what are my options to obtain at least the most basic qualifications?
Have a look at colleges near you.
Most offer GCSEs or similar, as well as a variety of other courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.26%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.87%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
23.91%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.17%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed