The Student Room Group

How do I revise for Chemistry? Especially quantitative chemistry?

I just feel like making flashcards for quantitative chemistry is pointless, but if I do past paper questions by topic and see where I went wrong, I don't know how I'd ensure this will stay in my long term memory. (The procedure for how to answer specific quantitative questions.)
Reply 1
You're right that using flashcards for quantitative chemistry is pointless, since those questions test you on the process to get to a certain answer rather than straightforward facts. I'd recommend you do past paper questions, because doing enough of them will retain the knowledge in your head. It's like maths, once you do it enough, it becomes routine and you'll be able to do it without even thinking too much about it. Don't worry about needing to do too much past papers, an hour or two (or maybe a few depending on your ability) will definitely be enough for you to get it in your head. Good luck!
Okay, here this out

Why don’t you just copy an example from the text book, put it on a flashcard, and then you can put the steps on the back of the flashcard

That’s way more effective.

Then review it regularly to see if you can remember the steps to the question
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest