GCSE Revision

Watch this thread
Sana_786
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, I just wanted to talk about revision. I have had my mocks this week and I struggled a lot with revision, with some subjects I didn't even revise for. But usually without revision I tend to get good grades anyways. I procrastinate a lot and find it hard to focus at home. Also I do not know how to revise, I have made flashcards, mind maps, made notes, watch videos but nothing helps me to understand things. How do you guys revise and stop yourselves from procrastinating for hours? Anyone else going through the same phase?
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
So revision is a very I individual process (I know, you've probably heard that a lot) so you need to find what works. Personally, flashcards and exam questions helped me revise. If I was procrastinating, I used an app called Flora. It essentially grows a little tree on your phone in the time you want to revise. I know that helped for quite a few of my friends as well. Apparently putting your phone on aeroplane mode also helps to prevent you going on your phone. Don't worry - I think everyone has a phase where they really don't want to revise and so procrastinate. Hope this helps!
Sana_786
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ScoutLeopard)
So revision is a very I individual process (I know, you've probably heard that a lot) so you need to find what works. Personally, flashcards and exam questions helped me revise. If I was procrastinating, I used an app called Flora. It essentially grows a little tree on your phone in the time you want to revise. I know that helped for quite a few of my friends as well. Apparently putting your phone on aeroplane mode also helps to prevent you going on your phone. Don't worry - I think everyone has a phase where they really don't want to revise and so procrastinate. Hope this helps!
Thank you! Yes that app really helps me
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sana_786)
Thank you! Yes that app really helps me
No problem! Feel free to dm me if you have any more questions (I've recently started year 12 so I can help on a decent amount of GCSE stuff)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed